• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Evangelion Special edition manga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamiboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
So I go out of my way to buy the Special Collectors edition Evangelion Mangas because they are supposed to be bigger than the 2nd edition and have colour pages. I got book 1-7 in special edition and 8 in 2nd because there is no Special edition book 8. Now not only are there no colour pages in the special editions but they are also not much larger than the 2nd. What is going on? Did I get screwed or what?

Because as I understand it the 2nd editions actually have some extra material that the Special edition doesn't. I decided to go for bigger size and colour pages but looks look I got screwed three times over. And don’t even get me started on shipping charges and import duties.
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:09 pm Reply with quote
The special editions that you are talking about are first editions but unflipped, Viz will no longer realease any of them with that size.
Dilandau

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Yep, as Alchemist449 said - the "Special Edition" only means manga-format (right to left).

As far as I know, you'd have to get the Japanese version or the Singapore (Chuang Yi - English and legal) version to get the colour pages in the front.
kamiboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Then viz seems to be lying on it's web page as at the bottom it says "b&w, color".

Just out of curiosity, how much bigger are those first editions compared to the ones I got? Anyone know this?

Oh well. Next the Berserk mangas although it will prolly take Dark Horse 4-5 years to catch up with the current Japanese releases at the rate of 4-5 manga releases a year, I wish they would release them faster. At least I'll always have scanlations.

Last edited by kamiboy on Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
[quote="kamiboy"
Just out of curiosity, how much bigger are those first editions compared to the ones I got? Anyone know this?
[/quote]

The first edition and the collectors edition is the exact same size except it is left to right. They still sell them both at most of the bookstores by me. I only have the second edition of volume 1 and it seems that it has more extras. I waited a long time for a cheaper version...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1