• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HanaKimi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osaka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:28 am Reply with quote
I was wondering what others thoughts on it are in sense of plot, characters, art, you catch my drift.

It's enjoyable to read with many sub plots and such and most of the characters are likeable but I'd like to know what others think of it. To me it was a nice story (but not one of my favourites) Smile
Taruto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote
I really like Hana-Kimi so far, since I've only read the first 2 volumes. I like the way the characters are all different but all get on pretty well, I guess.. and the story's kinda unusual. Anime smile
sacchan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:20 am Reply with quote
My opinions on Hana-Kimi are:

characters: I think that the characters and their interactions kept this manga interesting. There's a lot of fun characters, and my favorite is Umeda Wink

plot: The ending was not what I expected~~

art: It improved steadily for a while, but deteriorated in the last few volumes Sad
Osaka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote
He he Umeda sensei? He is definitely a favourite along with Kayashima and his sense of "auras" Anime catgrin I think it was the character's that really made this manga. I enjoyed reading the little side story about Umeda spoiler[so Ryouji and him aren't an item then?]
Reading Nanba's story made me feel sorry for him rather than annoyed at his womanising attitude. Anime smile + sweatdrop

I agree that the ending isn't something you expect but it's realistic which makes it stick in your mind more.
I also noticed the art change towards the end of the series and I didn't really like the new style that they used either. Mizuki's hair changed and they had different mouths. Anime cry

I found it a little hard to like Mizuki due to the fact that she seemed kind of like a stalkerish fangirl to come all the way from America and dress up as a boy just to meet someone she admired. Anime dazed But that's just my opinion.
XCTU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
i only have up to book 4, so i don't really know much, since its like, what a 20+ book series?

SO FAR its a good series, but i think there's too much like...gay references, everyone thinks they're gay, half the people are gay, people are homophobic, the ones who arent gay are lonely cause theyre not gay etc. Then again, i never went to an all boys high school in Japan, so i wouldn't really know. Mizuki is cute, though...i like her with short hair. Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1