• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
They should make a Sountrack radio station

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetsaiga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
They should make a radio station that plays just anime sountrack, whether or not its the opening or closing theme, or just plain backround music. I think it wouold be ausome

What are your thoughts?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote
That would be great. But to make a public radio programming station that broadcasts only anime music would probably not work out in the eyes of some money-hungry entrepreneur, unless he was some eccentric rich fellow that just loved anime music for the heck of it.

Personally, I'd just get an mp3 player with a lot of space and just load it up with the OSTs and mp3s I feel I'd like best. Those are expensive though, and it'll be a while till I can ever get one..
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I believe your best bet would be to go to www.japanaradio.com

They play parts of soundtracks.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Meson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:18 am Reply with quote
There is always http://www.toonradio.net - all animation soundtracks, all the time, and a Cingular phone. THen you will have your anime radio station when ever you want it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Yes, what you're requesting already exists, and it is available for us. Check for those websites (I always listen to Japan-A-Radio). Don't forget to take a look on your audio programs as Winamp or Windows Media Player. You can even hear japanese radio channels via them...
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:56 am Reply with quote
There's one I've been listening to on winamp radio called Kawaii Radio - it's pretty good, and I discovered Utada Hikaru there.
Lone Outlaw

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:21 pm Reply with quote
the idea of a soundtrack station is usually on local college stations. they play all kinds of soundtrack music including anmie soundtracks which tend to be mostly of J-Pop Smile
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:45 pm Reply with quote
The idea of anime soundtracks and J-Pop on actual radio is pretty much only feasible on the college scene. You're appealing to a niche audience on an FM station, and that means the show, if it even gets the green light, will be put at the 12am timeslot or somewhere around there.

So yea, stick with streaming radio. It's very nice!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1