• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite creature/thing-fighting anime.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magmalord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Post what you think is your favorite anime geared to children that features children fighting with monsters, machines, ghosts, you name it.

My personal favorite is Medabots, due to its excellent storytelling, memorable characters, and exciting battles. Also due to the exellent english dub from ADV.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:31 pm Reply with quote
You might check out Figure 17. Although as a story it has a lot of problems, it has all the elements you list. And if you watch it with your kid you can turn it into a lesson on the basic principles of existentialism.
teh2ndrunner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Persona 4 The Animation without doubt. Although the fighting element is only half the story so some discretion is advised. Don't know if high schoolers classes as children though.

Beyblade is a good anime for kids. The original series and G-Revolution are brilliant. I'd certainly recommend the dub over the sub given the changes to the music during battles etc.

I remember Medabots back in the day. Don't remember it being as astoundingly good as you say but it was certainly good.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:25 pm Reply with quote
magmalord wrote:
Also due to the exellent english dub from ADV.

teh2ndrunner wrote:
I'd certainly recommend the dub over the sub given the changes to the music during battles etc.

Given how butchered those two dubs were... no. These types of shows always have the most edited and dumbed down dubs.

Anyway, favorite? Lots to choose from. Currently I'm watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, Danball Senki, Metal Fight Beyblade Zero-G, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes, Cardfight!! Vanguard.. all of them are good. I'd say Zexal and Danball are the best two so far, great characters, music, fights, and story. Best Wishes is pretty fun too, even if the writers love to favor Iris so much for some reason (and screw over Bel) Zero-G seems to finally be kicking in the plot so that's nice too. Hopefully it can be good as the original Metal Fight series.

Older stuff like Battle Spirits, Cardliver, Monster Farm, Medarot, Digimon, Genshi-kun, Rockman.exe/Ryuusei, they're great too. The Rockman anime will always be a personal favorite since I loved the games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1