• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When is Howl's Moving castle coming out in Australia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:05 am Reply with quote
Hey does anybody know the theatrical release date of Miyazaki's, Howl's Moving Castle in Australia?? I've looked heaps of websites including nausicaa.net but none say when... have they even set a date yet?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Didn't you ask this question two weeks ago? There hasn't been much of any information released about the dub yet, period, so any talk of release dates in any English language markets are really just, at best, educated guesses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
elniro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Is anime actually shown at cinemas in Australia?

In UK no anime is shown apart from pokemon and the yu gi oh movie
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quote
As for the question on Howl's, Madman licensed it recently and are aiming for a widespread cinema release (Hoyts, Greater Union etc, not just Arthouse I dont think), probably as soon as Disney release it in the states, dubbed in theatres. Also, you asked this question before.

elniro wrote:
Is anime actually shown at cinemas in Australia?

In UK no anime is shown apart from pokemon and the yu gi oh movie

We had the Studio Ghibli Showcase about a month ago, touring through various major cities (included all films except Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Grave of the Fireflies). Spriggan will be on TV next month, plus CN airs about 3 different titles every 6 or so months (not that great, to be honest). We've had various cult anime (such as Wings of Hominaise, Ninja Scroll, Patlabor, Akira, etc) aired on TV, and possibly Spirited Away and the Bebop movie later on.

We also have Madman Ent (who organized the Ghibli Showcase) who owns the Australian license to all Ghibli films on DVD, and license shows from Sunrise, ADV, Gonzo, FUNimation etc. They release anywhere from 20-30 DVDs per month for Anime alone.

So yeah, we get our fair share.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1