• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magic Knight Rayearth

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firegirl22

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I recently started reading the manga, and am really loving it. So here's my question: how does the anime compare? I've seen some pretty sucky reviews for the series, and if you agree that this is a bad anime, why?
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I like the Magic Knight Rayearth anime, and have both season boxsets.

As it is, the entire show really is good from start to end, but you need both seasons to get the full story.

Compared to the manga, it's about right. The story is still there and the artwork is very much like the mangas.

The complaints come with the way the first season, at least, was done. The dub is fair, with great actors and actresses behind a lot of feedback. The dub is really good in content, though, matching the original script and story almost completely.

The subbed versions are still the best to watch, plus you get the same Japanese VO cast if you want to also see the OAV remake, Rayearth. The English dubbing cast changes between the TV series and OAV, but they should be commended for the great job they did matching up with the voice actresses of the TV series. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1