• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri's New Visual Profiles Taichi, Agumon

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:06 am Reply with quote
OMG. Is that a new tag and crest set advertised?! That's what I am excited about.
antasad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
What the F's happening with Agumon?? Geez, while the others are hating Uki's design, I'm all okay with it. I'm one of those "minimalistic design is awesome with sleek animation" type. But suddenly I saw this Agumon. Isn't there any explanation with that picture??

That one we see now is totally different from Agumon's silhouette we saw before. I bet that one is actually better (proportion wise) if un-silhouette-ed.

Last edited by antasad on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
OMG. Is that a new tag and crest set advertised?! That's what I am excited about.

I KNOW RIGHT?! That's definitely the most exciting take away from the magazine scan. Also, was there ever a tag/crest set released before?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I think this will be 1 of the most anticipated 2015 anime titles and for great reason.
kpk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I think this will be 1 of the most anticipated 2015 anime titles and for great reason.

Meh, only of the writer of the third season would have written it, or Gen Urobuchi...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:08 am Reply with quote
I mean that people likely wanted a follow-up/new series version of the original 2 series for a while and now this here it is.
megazero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
The new designs make the old characters look like different characters. Sad
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
NateSelwyn25 wrote:

I KNOW RIGHT?! That's definitely the most exciting take away from the magazine scan. Also, was there ever a tag/crest set released before?

Yes, by Yukata(A sub-line by Bandai Japan, the stuff produced usually looks and feels like bootlegs). Very cheap looking, there's a set right now on eBay for $200. Nothing released, as far as I am aware, outside Japan.
Mr. slicer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Romuska wrote:
So are they completely disregarding season 2? Cause I'd be 100% okay with that.

Nooooooo. This is not happening. -_-

It's going to be a time past 02 and not focus on the 02 characters, but everything that happened in 02 exists.

I don't understand the 02 hate, even those who are like "Oh well it shouldn't have happened because Yamato and Sora got together and I like TaiSora THIS IS BLASPHEMY AND THE ANIME WORLD SHOULD LISTEN TO ME" but srsly? Digimon 02 was actually really, really enjoyable.

And yes, I like Sora and Yamato, but I actually didn't think of them as a couple before this! And it makes sense! Extra scenes between them are even added to the drama CDs.

Another point is if the plan was to declare that 02 no longer exists why would they use tri (a prefix meaning 3)?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3