• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kantō Crowns 2015's Hottest High School Boy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
The fact that there's a competition like this has me laughing so hard Smile
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me ? because i seriously find them all not beautiful,they are even below normal...
maybe it's just me...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Tensai GinAce, you are not the only one as I find these people to look bland. While there are nubile Japanese girls that I have on modeling sites on Sankaku Complex, the Japanese finding these girls hot corresponds to a specific aesthetic that I don't share.
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 Glad i'm not the only one
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I expect that there is a whole lot more to the contest - and what constitutes "hot" - than just the photos we are getting of the guys after what must have been a loooong day.

In my experience of High School ( Long Ago in a trippy time called the 70's ) the "hot" girls weren't always the best looking ones. I was told that the same was true of the guys. Personality plays a big part.

Mark Gosdin
marvel knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm really curious about how the contestants are selected and the voting process.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
marvel knight wrote:
Hmm, I'm really curious about how the contestants are selected and the voting process.

friends force their friend to enter, then it's randomly select 10 for the final.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Average all over the place for the boys, I've seen way better in my life as for the girls, the 4th and 5th on the top row are adorable along with the last girl on the bottom, the others are average. They need to find a manager from an idol agency, a good one like Sigma Seven or a modeling agency to scout out contestants next time.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I like that they styled his hair into a tiara. It's like the stylist thought how can I make this kid look any more uncomfortable? Also I think the police might want to dig into Tomu Fujita's internet browsing history with totally not creepy comments like that...& jesus christ I'm an adult what the fudge am I doing with my life looking at photos in an article about a Japanese teenage beauty contest?
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
So can someone tell me why a contest like this even exists in the first place? It's an insult to those who can never be beautiful!
3rdImpakt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
So can someone tell me why a contest like this even exists in the first place? It's an insult to those who can never be beautiful!

I really hope you're joking.....
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:

Don't hate the contest. Hate your parents.
HayateGekkou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Guy in the blue on the far left should've won. He's gorgeous!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
MischievousMelody wrote:
Assuming you are serious, I would say that this sort of contest is stupid and worthless because it is of interest to people that need to compare themselves to someone else to feel validated. However the reverse will probably happen. In reality someone decides the looks they like and everyone is different, so why accept some random opinion over your own? I would go farther and say that it is really true and not "loser-speak" that true beauty comes from the person you are inside. There are plenty of celebrities that are physically considered beautiful but act out such ugliness that I wouldn't want to be in the same room with them. I am reminded of another column currently on ANN about Steven Universe and that show has tried to champion the idea that beautiful people can be overweight, skinny-as-a-rail, short and "squat", etc. which is in fact true. At Anime Expo I saw several "Rose"'s that were actually beautiful while being overweight. There are plenty of free-thinking people that believe as I that anyone can be beautiful if they want to be by practicing acting out of love, caring for others and not being self-centered, etc.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Jesus, this is a boring article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2