• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Interest: List of Winter 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quote
Someone else made a handy list, and I modified, thanks!
I don't find this season as bad as some others. There are at least a few shows I am looking forward to. Notably Kimi ni Todoke II, Wolverine, and Hourou Musuko, but there are several others I will give a try, especially if others give it a thumbs up.

Beelzebub: I'll give it one episode to see what I think. My gut says no, but the studio tells me to give it a try.
Cardfight!! Vanguard: Um, no.
Dragon Crisis!: Another one I will give it a try, but it better catch my interest fast.
Fractale: hmmm. This has potential, I will give it a few episodes to show it.
Freezing: I hate to admit it, but I'll probably enjoy this. Sci-fi and fanservice. I'll decide, probably, based on action, if I want to finish it.
GOSICK: Another of the.... give it a whirl, what the heck. I don't have high hopes, though.
Hourou Musuko: I have heard good things about this, I will definately be watching it.
Infinite Stratos: Hmmmm. Another one I will give an episode or two to. It has a little potential, it will depend on how it plays out, and how harem like it is. I HATE weak male leads in this sort of thing, though, so I will probably not finish it.
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season: I just finished watching the first season a second time. Looking forward to the second season. A big fat happy YES on this one.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Probably no.
Level E: I will wait on reviews of this.
Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica: Uh, no.
Mitsudomoe Zōryōchū!: No, more of this show is not necessary.
Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!!: I'll give it a few episodes to check out the mystery. I don't have high hopes.
Rio - Rainbow Gate!: Huh? um.no.
Wolverine: This could be very very good. Definate yes.
Yumekui Merry: Um... no. It'd take a glowing review from Zac for me to check this one out.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:56 am Reply with quote
Level E looks interesting but then I've never been very captured by any of that mangaka's stuff before. Not sure about Belzebub since I got bored of the manga.
Olivine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote
The Good
Dragon Crisis: If seeing this did not, upon hearing Kugimiya Rie's voice, immediately become a higher priority in your life than sleeping or bathing, you have no business posting here.

Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka?: This is apparently some sort of harem with a zombie in the center, surrounded by a zombie hunter (with a magic pink chainsaw), a necromancer, and a vampire. I...I don't know how the premise could be improved any further.

Oniichan no Koto Nanka: I've read the first two volumes of the manga so far. It is win, in its own creepy way. I may have a bit of a weakness for wincest, however, so your enjoyment may wildly vary.

Gosick: Victorique alone sold me on this.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Magical Girl Cthulu.

The Maybe
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: It's sparkly, magical, not so evil, Mina Tepes. This could go well.

Fractale: This does seem interesting, although I will probably end up getting bored and sidetracked halfway through, and never finish it. (House of Five Leaves...never got past around episode 4)

Hourou Musuko: Although it combines my least favorite thing from yuri (girls dressing like guys) with something hilarious (guys dressing like girls), it may end up being oddly entertaining. This may or may not include laughter at the characters' expense.

Houkago no Pleiades: A shameless advertisement for Subaru. Could go either way.

The Make It Stop
Beezlebub: I don't know what this is even supposed to be. It scares me.

Cardfight!!Vanguard
: Sooo...yugioh again?

Freezing: A broadcast adaption of a story from an H magazine. I'm sure that will go well...

Infinite Stratos: I think they can stop making evangelion now. Please. Seriously.

Level E: There is entirely too much unsupervised, barechested mens going on here.

Mitsudome 2: Kodomo no Jikan - plot + crack = something I will avoid to keep the nightmares away.

Rio - Rainbow Gate
: The premise just seems dangerously unentertaining. Half the appeal seems to be the mammaries, which are entirely too large. Yosuga no Sora trauma all over again!

Wolverine: Ugggh. Let the poor guy retire already.

Starry Sky: Mens. Get them away.

Mai no Mahou to Katei no Hi: Glorious government propaganda to tell everyone how important family is.

Disqualified
Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season: I really need to get myself to watch the first season already.

Yumekui Merry
: This is too confusing for me to make any judgment at all.

Suite Precure: I've never seen Precure.

(edit: I knew something was off. There was series missing from ANN's list (surprise?):
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Starry Sky
Houkago no Pleiades
Suite Precure
Mai no Mahou to Katei no Hi)

Last edited by Olivine on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mudduck454

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote
depending on what will be available to watch, I will view all the shows, for at least 3 episodes, then decide which ones to continue, I may just try to watch them all, since I do like to voice my opinion on shows, and if you don't watch it, you can't have an opinion on the show,
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
...if you don't watch it, you can't have an opinion on the show,

Sadly, not everybody feels that way.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
my first reaction is to groan...
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote
So, who's the audience for a Magical Girl show broadcast at 1:25am? Or, are Japanese little girls adept at and allowed to use the DVR?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
A few of these sound interesting at least. As for the rest, well, sometimes good exucution can make up for a so-so premise.

Some of the ones that I'm most looking forward to...

Fractile in particular looks interesting to me, though the premise is vague enough where it's hard to really tell what it's going to be like. Still looking foward to it.

I haven't seen very many detective anime, so GOSICK is intriguing. It should be something different from my usual fare, at least. That's assuming they go the mystery route.

Hourou Musuko is something I'm going to have to watch just because of the unusual premise and some of the things I've been hearing about it. If done properly, it could be something really unique.

And Level E sounds like it could be tons of fun with it's insane premise.
Olivine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
So, who's the audience for a Magical Girl show broadcast at 1:25am? Or, are Japanese little girls adept at and allowed to use the DVR?

You are clever, original, physically attractive, and good at sports.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Olivine wrote:
Infinite Stratos: I think they can stop making evangelion now. Please. Seriously.

Yeah, because teens piloting mecha-like things just automatically means "Eva-clone" right? Rolling Eyes You may as well call Rideback that as well... Rolling Eyes
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
Olivine wrote:

Yeah, because teens piloting mecha-like things just automatically means "Eva-clone" right? Rolling Eyes You may as well call Rideback that as well... Rolling Eyes

It goes a little further than that. A male pilot surrounded by female pilots? Granted it's only a brief description but the NGE reference is not strained. Unlike your example, which is. You make it sound like the comparison was way out there, which it doesn't seem to be.
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Every time someone uses the term "wincest", I die a little inside.

Anyway, It looks like slim pickings for me this Winter season. I'm most interested in Fractale and Hourou Musuko, and possibly Level E.

I'd really like to see Kimi ni Todoke. Since I don't do fansubs, I haven't seen the first season.

Beezlebub looks like it could either be a fun comedy or a pile of crap. Hoping for fun.

I haven't seen Mitsudomoe nor am I particularly interested in it. From what I've heard, the style of humor isn't my thing. Like, snot jokes and such.

I don't care about Marvel, so pass on Wolverine.

Anything that sounds generic or has generic "moe" art is a pass from me. That includes all the "average boy and a mysterious girl appears" plots and such. That rules out Yumekui Merry, that Maho Shoujo thing, Kore wa Zombie, Dragon Crisis, and Go Sick. Now if one of these manages to break the mold, I'll go back and check it out, but I'm not counting on it.

Finally, I will be staying far far away from that incest thing.
Olivine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:

Maybe that was a bit of an unfair comparison, but, in my defense, pretty much all robot anime runs together for me. So slow and boring. Maybe its a side effect of playing Armored Core. Anime hyper

PrettyKitty20034 wrote:
Every time someone uses the term "wincest", I die a little inside.

Every time someone complains about wincest, my power increases!

Last edited by Olivine on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:
Olivine wrote:

It goes a little further than that. A male pilot surrounded by female pilots? Granted it's only a brief description but the NGE reference is not strained. Unlike your example, which is. You make it sound like the comparison was way out there, which it doesn't seem to be.

I don't know, the whole male surrounded by females screams "harem" to me, not Evangelion. At least with the way the show description was written.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Blood- wrote:
the Rancorous wrote:
Olivine wrote:

I don't know, the whole male surrounded by females screams "harem" to me, not Evangelion. At least with the way the show description was written.

Uuuuuuh, this isn't rocket science, man. If you read a brief description about only one male boy being able to pilot a mecha while the rest are female pilots, that doesn't ring ANY Eva bells at all? Really? I have no doubt the execution of Infinite Stratos will be different from NGE but to insist that there are no overtones AT ALL suggests a certain bovine mindset.

Okay, whatever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 14