• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Acquires Bamboo Blade, Druaga, Dragonaut

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:

Anyway yea I was smart enough to dodge Dragonaut. I watched two episodes and stopped too. Judging from some summaries and reviews I've seen, thank god that I was able to save some of my time. This seriously had to be part of some group deal otherwise this would not make any sense since this won't sell in the US. They better get Seto out of this or I'm just going to be in shock. I'm looking forward to Bamboo Blade and Druaga is decent. People who say that good shows don't get licensed in the US and only crap does got some very good ammunition tonight.

Seeing's how Dragonlance, Dragons of Pern and other book series are still going strong and have a "brand recognition", it's really easy to see why you'd license a series about Dragons.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
I watched 5 Episodes and couldn't take anymore Dragonaut Fails Hard. People who thinks it looks cool. listen to what everyone is telling you, Dragonaut Sucks you waste your money you will be sad.
School Days is another one that sucks but we shouldn't mention that one. and for those that Pani poni Dash: http://www.amazon.com/Paniponi-Dash-Complete-Box-Set/dp/B001OMZYE0/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3B8G4EWX7DYKW&colid=25DUA73FO5INO I will be enjoying this when it comes out!

If School days gets licensed I wouldn't bother buying either I thought it sucked, but I only liked the last episode cause I found it freakin hilarious
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote
LordRedhand wrote:
Jarmel wrote:

Anyway yea I was smart enough to dodge Dragonaut. I watched two episodes and stopped too. Judging from some summaries and reviews I've seen, thank god that I was able to save some of my time. This seriously had to be part of some group deal otherwise this would not make any sense since this won't sell in the US. They better get Seto out of this or I'm just going to be in shock. I'm looking forward to Bamboo Blade and Druaga is decent. People who say that good shows don't get licensed in the US and only crap does got some very good ammunition tonight.

Seeing's how Dragonlance, Dragons of Pern and other book series are still going strong and have a "brand recognition", it's really easy to see why you'd license a series about Dragons.

Nah. all those brands bombed. Either Funi got it for free with the other anime mentioned or they actually think I'll sell for the wrong reasons. There's no way in hell the believe it's actually decent.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote
You realize all of those series I mentioned were a) books and b) still being released/getting sequels right?

They release the DragonLance Trilogy every now and then, it still rakes in the sales. Dragons do have an appeal/recognition, even if you aren't willing to see it.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
I watched 5 Episodes and couldn't take anymore Dragonaut Fails Hard. People who thinks it looks cool. listen to what everyone is telling you, Dragonaut Sucks you waste your money you will be sad.
School Days is another one that sucks but we shouldn't mention that one. and for those that Pani poni Dash: http://www.amazon.com/Paniponi-Dash-Complete-Box-Set/dp/B001OMZYE0/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3B8G4EWX7DYKW&colid=25DUA73FO5INO I will be enjoying this when it comes out!

If School days gets licensed I wouldn't bother buying either I thought it sucked, but I only liked the last episode cause I found it freakin hilarious

I thought School Days was ok up to episode 7. After that I failed to understand why everybody felt sorry for whiny bitch moe blob and started hating everyone. Makoto on the other hand gets points for not being like any other harem lead I have seen.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote
School Days was an abomination from hell, Worst anime ever created Dragonut is second.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
School Days was an abomination from hell, Worst anime ever created Dragonut is second.

LOL, you haven't watched much anime, then. Worst recent anime, maybe, but check out the "Buried Garbage" columns for a full picture of awfulness from the past. And even among recent stuff... did you watch "Dead Girls," the half-assed OVA sequel to "Red Garden?" I was disappointed by the ending of the latter, but "Dead Girls" was downright pointless.
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

Yeah right.... I haven't seen school days but it have to be pretty bad to top anime like Darkside Blues or Hakugei: Legend of Moby Dick.....
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

I would agree but I finished it on a day that Scifi was showing MD Geist.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote
No point to Druaga, since there probably aren't going to be many Crunchyroll users willing to pay extra for it on dvd...
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Jarmel wrote:
@Z Princess
Ignore Unit, he's an idiot in regards to his stance on fansubs.

OK, please keep bashing me because I don't approve of a clear violation of international copyright law. And I'M the idiot here.
walw6pK4Alo

GATSU wrote:
No point to Druaga, since there probably aren't going to be many Crunchyroll users willing to pay extra for it on dvd...

Sadly, this. If people are content with the CR quality of the show, then they won't want to pay for the DVDs.
Mario1234567

vashfanatic wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:

LOL, you haven't watched much anime, then. Worst recent anime, maybe, but check out the "Buried Garbage" columns for a full picture of awfulness from the past. And even among recent stuff... did you watch "Dead Girls," the half-assed OVA sequel to "Red Garden?" I was disappointed by the ending of the latter, but "Dead Girls" was downright pointless.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Mario1-7

My anime. I try not to watch things that would Leave me in Despair...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:

at least the ending was good.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Jarmel wrote:
@Z Princess
Ignore Unit, he's an idiot in regards to his stance on fansubs.

OK, please keep bashing me because I don't approve of a clear violation of international copyright law. And I'M the idiot here.

I don't think it's your views he's talking about it's the way you present them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 17