• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2009 Haruhi TV Run's 8th Episode Listed as New Episode

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team Rocket Elite

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:46 am Reply with quote
If it is a new episode, the first channel to show it will actually air it on May 21st.
TheHaruhiIncarnate

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:28 am Reply with quote
I don't think they have hid new Haruhi episodes just to annoy fans. I mean, thats a REALLY bad marketing strategy. I think the animation took really long to make, if so, the animation is gonna be SICK!

I mean think about it. Didn't the book, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" first published in Japan of 2003. Three years from that time, the Series first aired 2006. Now lets look three years later. Oh! It's 2009. Which makes it perfect timing. Smile
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:27 am Reply with quote
I saw the art books at a con I was at two weeks ago. I should have bought them Sad

But the animation? it going to look the same as the first season just in HD

The book came out in 2003 in Japan. The English release came out this year 2009, Plus all the stuff with Haruhi-chan being subbed for free by the C.O hosting it on youtube.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:16 am Reply with quote
Well we should find out by Wednesday but all signs point to this is real.
bayoab

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:
zanarkand princess wrote:
Well we should find out by Wednesday but all signs point to this is real.

24th is a Sunday.

Said only a few posts above yours:
Team Rocket Elite wrote:
If it is a new episode, the first channel to show it will actually air it on May 21st.

ninjapet wrote:
But the animation? it going to look the same as the first season just in HD

There is no guarantee the new eps will be in HD. The old eps are not in HD and nothing else Kyoani has done has been in HD yet.
briant2277

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
What makes this dedicated Haruhi fan hopeful this time is this. If this were a genuine troll -- glitch, misinformation, or rumor -- it's a very different kind of troll this time.
http://animeaffairs.wordpress.com/2009/05/01/haruhi-season-2-portfolio-of-evidence/
Note: that's an old post, full of speculation. But a nice timeline of Kado-trolla.

Before, it was usually one of two things: Second season, yes or no? This is a very simple kind of glitch, or misinformation, or rumor. Is it yes, or no?

This time it's more specific: a specific episode title that directly descends from the story canon. Unless it's a staffer at the TV station having a laugh, I don't see how they could have just made up the phrase "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" out of thin air.

PS My opinion on all this. I've been waiting about a year for Season 2, since discovering the franchise. At this point I'm past all the excitement and irritation, and I'm now at the point where I'm actually enjoying the spectacle. (Laugh instead of cry, etc.) Very Happy Still a devoted fan, though.

The real disappointment for me is that even if Season 2 is financially and popularly successful, it will never be as important as it was two years ago when the hype was at its peak. I don't think Kadokawa is run by stupidity (although enterprises are obviously not immune to this), so there must be other, legitimate reasons going on behind the wall of internal corporate policy. Which I predict we will never learn about. I don't think it's likely at all that they purposefully decided to throw money away by wasting an opportunity to milk a franchise at its peak.

PPS One translation of the Haruhi-chan OP has the final line of the lyrics as (from Her Empress herself) "If you repaint the records [There are 2 seasons!]" This is either thrilling or amusing, depending on if it's a troll.
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/haruhichan/imamadenoarasuji.htm
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
I only got into anime recently and Haruhi has been one that has realy stood out to me. As a fan who only watched the series around December last year, I am looking forward to this.
game

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
why do this show get all this hype? i watch this before and still don't get this
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote
This is one company that has yet to learn their lesson. One would think after several years, Kadokawa would actually release the second season. For once, I don't blame the fans for being rightfully angry and for once, this truly is the companies fault.

All I can is this, Kadokawa is digging their own grave. Pissing off fans by trolling them for the last three years is not a good way to stay in business.

I thought I'd never say this but, Kadokawa makes Media Blasters look good. And that is saying a lot, considering how much Media Blasters has screwed up in the last year.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
game wrote:
why do this show get all this hype? i watch this before and still don't get this

I've been wondering that for years. I took a look at the trailer that was the Lucky Star first volume and wasn't impressed. The music and dancing were a bizare, but the English audio sounded seemed all right. Wandee Lee and Chris Freeman are both actors in this series, so I know its not run of the mill garbage series.

My guess is it has something to do with moe.
TheHaruhiIncarnate

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't like the series because what you call Moe.
it's the dream that i've had for a long time. The dream haruhi suzumiya believes in. That just maybe the world isn't ordanary. We want life to be interesting. and alot of people can relate to Haruhi. In a way, for me at least, i feel its a pretty deep show. That's why the show is popular. And the reason im a Haruhiist.

I hate it when people only like it because of the moe factor. I hate all that stupid moe crap.

I have this feeling when i watch it. like butterflies in my stomach. i don't know, it just feels right to watch it. And i've never reacted like that to any other show i've watched. (Although Princess Tutu is a good show)

So if you think that people only watch it because of moe, then you've got a pretty thick skull. (It's MUCH better than Naruto will EVER be, no offense) I hope people agree with me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I don't think anybody likes TMoHS because of the moe factor. It should be clear to anybody with even half a brain that the series is poking good natured fun at the concept of moe characters, not embracing them seriously.
Cynim

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, one can only say : fingers crossed ! Wink

hope we'll have a complete new story, through several episodes.

Actually, my guess is : remember when there were 28 episodes announced, then denied by Kadokawa ? well, what if they were rerunning the original series plus new episodes, but all mixed up together : ie this episode 8 IS a new one, followed by 14 new ones as well as the rest of the original episodes...?

is only conjecture.

Having said that, I do hate Kadokawa for what they have been doing with Haruhi till now... she doesn't deserve it, and neither do Tanigawa nor Ito !
Shobob

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I love moe anime, but I've never thought of Haruhi as one.
pluvia33

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:01 pm Reply with quote
mulrich wrote:
Regarding the date thing, I seem to have missed the post about the 21st. However, the 21st still isn't a Wednesday. It's a Thursday.

Actually, due to the International Date Line, if it is the 21st in Japan it is actually the 20th in America which is Wednesday. Time travel is fun.

Anyway, the 24th is my birthday so it would be a nice present if this is true. And hope the second season goes up through volume 7 of the novels since that's the best stopping point in all of this wonderful mess of a story so far. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 11