• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Spring 2012 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Sankarea and Hyōka.

Haven't seen Hyoka yet, but you should definitely check out Sankarea. The first anime episode is for the most part an adaption of the first manga chapter, so it doesn't even reach the real "hook" of the series yet, but it was still very enjoyable and good at pulling someone in, in my view.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
Can someone please start a new (preferably sticky) thread called 'Zac hurt my fragile otaku heart and i won't stop posting here until he repents!' or something like that, so that the rest of us can move on and get back on topic? Thank you. Rolling Eyes

Yes, I'm calling for a moratorium on discussion on this whole "professionalism" topic. It's now taken up nearly a third of the thread and, frankly, I'm sick of it; the last few pages have just been rehashing statements and complaints that were made earlier. If you're still having a massive problem with our supposed lack of professionalism in reviews then take it to the ANN Feedback thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Sengoku Collection- I'm giving it another episode or two. In this case I'm wondering if this will work as just another example of an otherworldly girlfriend moe show. Does it really matter that the moe girl is Oda Nobunaga? I'm not sure yet, the silliness of its premise may be outweighed by the cuteness of the girls, the quality of the comedy and if it can pull off little moments of earnestness like it did a couple times the first time.

So am I the only one who noticed that she goddamn left at the end? And the entire point of the episode was that she was just passing through the guy's life?

I don't think the dude, whoever the hell he was, is a main much less THE main, character.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Will somebody other Carlo do a review of Zetman episode 2?Just wanna have a broader perspective.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
Will somebody other Carlo do a review of Zetman episode 2?Just wanna have a broader perspective.

At this point, wouldn't it be quicker to watch it yourself? Its not like its a huge time investment or anything.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, second ep. of Zetman was still fairly confusing and felt pretty rushed. It's probably not a good idea to turn an ongoing 17 volume long (to date) manga into a 12(?) ep. anime... would be interesting to hear from people who are reading the manga how close the anime is to the source material and how many chapters they are squeezing into one episode.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Sankarea and Hyōka.

Haven't seen Hyoka yet, but you should definitely check out Sankarea. The first anime episode is for the most part an adaption of the first manga chapter, so it doesn't even reach the real "hook" of the series yet, but it was still very enjoyable and good at pulling someone in, in my view.

I don't even think Hyoka has aired as yet in japan. It is just something I am looking forward to for my romance/drama fill for spring since ano natsu finished airing.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
superdry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:

yeah she is little cute however i prefer lo-san from Acchi Kocch. She is pure detention of moe~ archetype. I think kids on the slope, Upotte! "a pure guilty pleasure", MxG, Is this a Zombie 2, HYOUKA, Medaka Box, Sankarea and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san are my titles for spring.

You mean Tsumiki? She's absolutely adorable and makes one want to go "awwww...so cute!" whenever she's flustered or nekomimi mode pops up or trying to grab on Io's coat or...damnit, anything she does.

Io is awesome in his own right though in the show.

Oh yea...I watched Nyarko-san yesterday and it was awesome. Batshit insane, off the wall, show is moving at the speed of light awesome.

I do have to say this season is the battle of the ahoge between Medaka, Nyarko and Tsumiki. Too bad there's no *monogatari airing this season or Araragi would be in the running.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

Posted Carl's just now.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:

I'm going to do one this afternoon as soon as I grade some more papers.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Sengoku Collection- I'm giving it another episode or two. In this case I'm wondering if this will work as just another example of an otherworldly girlfriend moe show. Does it really matter that the moe girl is Oda Nobunaga? I'm not sure yet, the silliness of its premise may be outweighed by the cuteness of the girls, the quality of the comedy and if it can pull off little moments of earnestness like it did a couple times the first time.

So am I the only one who noticed that she goddamn left at the end? And the entire point of the episode was that she was just passing through the guy's life?

I don't think the dude, whoever the hell he was, is a main much less THE main, character.

You make a good point but I figure he'll be back, otherwise they wasted script on his unresolved moping about his ex or whoever that was in his flashback. Maybe he isn't a main character, maybe she isn't technically a girlfriend character but she still mainly fits the stereotype, she's a character that will largely defined by her relationship with this guy . From the series encyclopedia page I guess the point of the series is that each of the different generals get their focus and I excpect the formula to be repaeated with them and other guys as well- maybe not with every one of them, but these girls are likely going to be acting all cutesy for someone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Thanks guys really appreciate what you are doing.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Merida wrote:
Hmm, second ep. of Zetman was still fairly confusing and felt pretty rushed. It's probably not a good idea to turn an ongoing 17 volume long (to date) manga into a 12(?) ep. anime... would be interesting to hear from people who are reading the manga how close the anime is to the source material and how many chapters they are squeezing into one episode.

Your feeling of it being rushed is completely justified - the first episode covered the entirety of volume 1, and the second episode covered the majority of volume 2. And Zetman volumes are closer to 250 pages than the standard 200 pages.

While it's true that the manga's pacing is quite slow, I think that's part of what's good about it...It takes its time to tell a good plot. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with the anime choosing to take the route it has.

Last edited by Darkmagick on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
danilo07 wrote:

I'm going to do one this afternoon as soon as I grade some more papers.

By the way, your pictures aren't all correct, you might want to verify their placement.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

I just assumed they'd join up again somehow in the next episode. Because that's how this would play out if he was the male lead. But if he actually is just a one episode character, then maybe she really did leave him for good. I'm not quite convinced we've seen the last of him, but we'll find out in a few days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 48 of 69