• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Gangsta, More Hetalia, 11 More New Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:

Why not both?

Clearly because $14 per month is waayyyy too much to spend on anime! Wink

When you're a broke college student, that is way too much for anything. $14 could pay for about 1/8th of a textbook.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
Just in case people don't know, Funimation's subscription service offers two levels; one gets you subtitled anime and simulcasts, while the other adds on dubs. The "SubPass" version is just 4.95 USD as opposed to 7.95.
Yuki Imouto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Yuki Imouto wrote:
Where's Wakaba Girl?! Sad Shocked Confused Crying or Very sad Mad Evil or Very Mad

Probably at CR, since it is part of the Ultra Super Anime Time block, along with Miss Monochrome 2 and the third Wooser series (both of which are sequels to series CR simulcast).

I wish Funimation gets the rights to the Ultra Super Anime Time Block and ISUCA,and Stray Cat Overrun, and The World Masterpiece Theater.
r3ronaldo
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
#839165 wrote:
r3ronaldo wrote:
Nice selection, it's getting more tempting to switch to Funi from Crunchyroll

Good to know that I'm not the only person considering this. I'm already paying for both services. I'll probably make the full switch after the season finale of hibike.

Nice profile pic BTW. Haruhi FTW.

Yeah I have yet to sub to Funi, but they seem to be getting more and more every season and thanks, glad to know there are still Haruhi fans around.

TheAncientOne wrote:
r3ronaldo wrote:
Nice selection, it's getting more tempting to switch to Funi from Crunchyroll

Why not both?

I honestly don't watch enough to justify subscribing to both. However, I am still considering it.
Drunkenpenguin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
r3ronaldo wrote:
I honestly don't watch enough to justify subscribing to both. However, I am still considering it.

I'm right there with you but I had primarily had a Hulu account for anime, dropped it for Funimation. I just wish they would release the xbone app, but that's another topic for another day.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
How the heck did they end up with JR3? I guess having the license to the last two seasons doesn't qualify you for the third?
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
The Coffee God wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
Oh no they've got Gangasta, it won't be on Crunchyroll now, how am I supposed to watch it, you can't watch Funimation streams if you live outside of the US.

CR does have it for France and French Speaking Territories though.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/06/24/crunchyroll-to-stream-gangsta-anime-in-france-and-french-speaking-territories

So CR won't be doing it foe the UK?
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

When you're a broke college student, that is way too much for anything. $14 could pay for about 1/8th of a textbook.

I get what you're saying, but in that case it's probably better to use Hulu and the ad supported version of CR.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
The subtitles are fine, i never don't know what's happening. Wasn't there an answer man that said they only have a short period of time to translate and get the subs ready. I've never had a significant problem so I always think sometimes it's people just griping over little things.
It's stuff like this that people are talking about.
http://www.crymore.net/2015/04/18/officialsubs-review-funimation-owari-no-seraph-episode-02/
http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HorribleSubs-Seraph-of-the-End-03-720p.mkv_snapshot_18.01_2015.04.18_11.22.35-640x360.jpg
http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HorribleSubs-Seraph-of-the-End-02-720p.mkv_snapshot_16.06_2015.04.17_12.37.50.jpg
http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/HorribleSubs-Seraph-of-the-End-02-720p.mkv_snapshot_06.34_2015.04.17_11.36.30.jpg
http://www.crymore.net/2014/04/01/translation-review-horriblesubs-no-rin-02/
http://www.crymore.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/HorribleSubs-No-Rin-02-720p.mkv_snapshot_11.13_2014.01.21_10.31.36.jpg (Even without knowledge of Japanese or proper English grammar, just being a Death Note fan is enough to tell they messed up here)

Anyway, FUNimation, please just stop taking on more than you can chew, this is getting ridiculous. 15 brand new shows at once, ugh.... The issues above could end up becoming even more severe.

Last edited by BigOnAnime on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, Snow White with the Red Hair is getting a summer anime? I just finished reading the manga and it's wonderful, fully fleshed characters and an incredibly mature relationship between the heroine and hero. I can't wait!

Ok, I have both CR and Funi. I buy yearly memberships so I pay $39 for sub only Funi and $60 for CR anime. That's $8 a month for both. That's about one lunch. It's less than one movie. That's affordable for pretty much anyone.

I used to hate Funi's streaming but have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of it this year since I got my membership. I watch on a large screen HD TV streamed from a Google TV box and it looks great and we never have issues.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
Really not too happy to see FUNimation get nearly every single show I was looking forward to this summer (Gangsta., Snow White with the Red Hair, Ranpo Kitan, Prison School, SHIMONETA), given that I don't feel well about them as a company and that it'll mean that those titles won't be showing up on Crunchyroll most likely (Hulu Plus delay-less simulcasting can be more of a crap-shoot). These large streaming pick-ups tend to be cyclical, just too bad it had to happen this season…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Funi is definitely letting it's licensing monopoly really too far this time, I think. This is because they already have broadcast dubs that they are still working on and because they risk bad translations or delayed simul-casts with the upcoming shows.

Maybe they or CR should each have up to 8 shows each for each season so that there's sort of a balance.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
That is quite an impressive variety, and I can see a few that have a chance of being stand outs for the season, as well as some that will probably be fun, even if they aren't that impressive.

Now, I'm curious to see which of these gets a broadcast dub.
Drunkenpenguin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 am Reply with quote
Has CR even announced anything for Summer? I haven't really gotten any emails from them about anything coming up. It's almost like they might be taking a vacation of sorts.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
It appears that one of Funimation's two remaining simulcasts will be Chaos Dragon, as they had a page for it up earlier today (although they pulled it shortly after it was made known in their forum they had a page up for something that hadn't been announced).

Drunkenpenguin wrote:
Has CR even announced anything for Summer? I haven't really gotten any emails from them about anything coming up. It's almost like they might be taking a vacation of sorts.

CR has already announced the following (the dates are when the announcements were made):

6/24 - Wagnaria!!3
6/24 - Charlotte
6/24 - Classroom☆Crisis
6/24 - DURARARA!! X2 The Second Arc
6/25 - Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
6/26 - Death Note [drama]
6/26 - Actually, I Am (Jitsu wa Watashi wa)
6/30 - Miss Monochrome - The Animation- 2
6/30 - Aoharu x Machinegun (Aoharu x Kikanjuu)

I take it you don't keep up with the ANN news on the front page. Smile

Sam Murai wrote:
These large streaming pick-ups tend to be cyclical, just too bad it had to happen this season…

I don't know why you get the impression this is a cyclical thing. Funimation has gradually been increasing their number of new simulcasts since the beginning of last year.

The number has literally been increasing each season since then, with no backtracks thus far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7