• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I also checked out the NIS America website also, they licensed the first, I could not find any information of if or when the second season is being done. But take solace in that we don't even have the first from where I hail.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
edit

Last edited by Bright_Spear on Tue May 06, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
Masakaki wrote:
Why does Wandering Son (aka Hourou Musuko) has such a low rating? I recently started watching it, and it looks quite interesting, so I don't really get the meaning of it's bad rating. Confused

It is number 105 on the list of anime with the most diverging opinions. Basically, it is a show that a lot of people like and a lot of people dislike. The overall rating of 2011 out of 4006 doesn't present the whole picture, since there actually aren't that many people who thought it was just alright. So it isn't unusual that you are watching it and enjoying it a lot, but the overall rating is brought down by the other group out there who watched it and really didn't like it.

egoist wrote:
Median rating: Very good = 8/10.

Most anime in the database tend to have high median ratings since people watch shows that look interesting to them, and people tend to do a reasonably decent job of selecting shows to watch that they will like. If you go off of median rating, it would seem to indicate that almost all anime are good (which might actually be true in the sense that most anime are enjoyable, but doesn't help much if you are trying to select the best things to spend your time watching). I think the ranking of an anime among all anime (e.g. 2011 out of 4006) is generally the best indicator of quality (though not as much in cases with diverging opinions like this, which I'm guessing might instead indicate that the anime surprises some people by being different than they expected).
Masakaki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote
She is from the second season Nurarihyon no Mago, give you one guess what type of being has multiple white tails in an anime about youkai.
Rodamni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote
Hello! I would like to ask for some help! Does anyone remember in which anime there is a story the characters read in a book where some cute animals (I think one of them is a bunny) are very sad because they don't know the word "goodbye", so they can't part each other properly? I thought it was on Anohana but I can't find the episode. Can anyone tell me the anime and the episode? Thank you
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 am Reply with quote
Rodamni wrote:
Hello! I would like to ask for some help! Does anyone remember in which anime there is a story the characters read in a book where some cute animals (I think one of them is a bunny) are very sad because they don't know the word "goodbye", so they can't part each other properly? I thought it was on Anohana but I can't find the episode. Can anyone tell me the anime and the episode? Thank you
Sounds like it could be spoiler[Rumbling Hearts], although that spoils a major emotional dropkick in the series. (I have no idea how to spoiler tag this, by the way. Just mentioning the series kind of spoils it, but there's no way to spoiler the series while telling people the series to avoid spoilers...)
misschidori

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone! This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone knows which anime I'm talking about...

Awhile back I watched the first episode what I'm sure is a fairly well-known anime (it was on Netflix)...but I don't remember the title at all. It was about some young guy who was taken under the guidance of this old wizard guy and by some turn of events they save this young girl from getting kidnapped and killed on the warf of whatever town they're in by fighting the kidnappers...OH, and I think the town or the region around the town has some kind of caste system where the rich people/royalty are allowed to pick and ship off the poor people for some reason? Something like that. If anyone could help me, that would be great. Smile
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 am Reply with quote
misschidori wrote:
Hey everyone! This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm hoping someone knows which anime I'm talking about...

Awhile back I watched the first episode what I'm sure is a fairly well-known anime (it was on Netflix)...but I don't remember the title at all. It was about some young guy who was taken under the guidance of this old wizard guy and by some turn of events they save this young girl from getting kidnapped and killed on the warf of whatever town they're in by fighting the kidnappers...OH, and I think the town or the region around the town has some kind of caste system where the rich people/royalty are allowed to pick and ship off the poor people for some reason? Something like that. If anyone could help me, that would be great. Smile

Possibly Tales from Earthsea?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_from_Earthsea_(film)

The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Here Mr. Lazybones, I did your Google search for you and came up with...

http://www.loneleeplanet.com/2009/11/hentai-milking-meganekko/

Yttrbio wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:
That's one of the most meaningless scenes ever from Melody of Oblivion and has nothing to do with anything if I recall correctly

You could a learn a thing or two about courtesy from Yttrbio, Blood. Thanks Yttrbio, I appreciate your kind answer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jl07045

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Bluergost wrote:
Thanks,1 other question-Roa is a spirit like thingy who posses 1 person to other after his reborn.That's why Arcueid kept killing him again and again for 8,000 year.Now that she is dead then who is going to kill Roa.If roa didn't died for so long should he be dead just because Shiki killed him.

The anime didn't explain this very well, but spoiler[Roa is dead. Tohno Shiki's power to stab vampires in their "points of death" bypasses their immortality. He won't reincarnate.]
Rodamni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Yttrbio, I will check it out.

(20 min. later: it's not that one... )

Hope for another suggestion...

I am pretty sure that the story in the book was about these animals that were really sad because they had parted without saying goodbye, so their pain ended when they learned how to say goodbye.

I know it's a little hard to find after watching so many series, but I want to find it so badly...
kawaiideity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry if i am posting this is the wrong area since i am a freshy here. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this plot to an anime i can't find for the life of me. Sad It is a horror, mystery, suspense, thriller type anime and goes something like this:

There is the main protagonist, an orange haired guy with a sorcerer's hat and white dress shirt, a yuki onna (white haired lady who is well endowed Cool ), and a kappa who disguises himself as human from time to time. The kappa is in charge of getting the cases an going around town while the orange haired guy (i think he was a prince or something not sure) and the yuki onna go fight. One of the scenes consists of a chase - going from a dark alley to a park where a woman gives immediate birth (random) to a devil child (since it was manifesting her). She obviously dies from being ripped out and the devil tries to attatch itself to the yuki onna. The orange haired guy uses fire and kills it... and ends up with a fan service scene with burning the yuki onna's clothes as well.

Later on in the plot, there are a bunch of humans that end up in a mansion - of course no one can escape and is a continuous maze - where they are killed off, one by one and we follow the thought process and actions of one of the women. (i believe there was a painting of the people in one of the dinning rooms and when one died, it became a skeleton or something like that. one of the people run from the room and dies or something). the Orange haired guy ends up saving the human woman to save the yuki onna. In the end, the orange haired guy leaves with the yuki onna in his arms and leaves the human woman to die alone in the mansion since no one can escape it.

I hope i gave enough detail of the plot since i really wanted to rewatch this anime. I think its a pretty old school anime.

Thanks for any answers!!!! Very Happy Cool
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
kawaiideity wrote:
There is the main protagonist, an orange haired guy with a sorcerer's hat and white dress shirt, a yuki onna (white haired lady who is well endowed Cool ), and a kappa....

Possibly Kikōshi Enma?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_Prince_Enma
http://www.k-enma.com/

nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm Reply with quote
kawaiideity wrote:
I'm sorry if i am posting this is the wrong area since i am a freshy here. [...]

Welcome to the fora, stranger! Wink Anime catgrin Anime smile Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 395 of 569