• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Usagi Drop Episodes 1-11 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
People are forgetting that, in the adoption episode of the anime, Rin made it absolutely clear that she didn't consider Daikichi to be her father.

But did or does she eventually? Or does or did he consider her a daughter, hmmmmmm? Let's ask acclaimed movie director Woody Allen, a man with more experience than the rest of us combined. Laughing

errinundra wrote:

In any case, the power relationship between them is still important to me. Could an adult Rin be equal in a relationship with Daikichi? I'm inclined to say she couldn't but I can imagine the circumstances where she was, if the story were well written, as it is, say, in Koi Kaze which deals with an even closer genetic relationship.

But did he really raise her? We all should play Gainax's Princess Maker game once again to research. Laughing
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Hey! I just learnt a new word. Ephe... ephebe... what was it again? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
People are forgetting that, in the adoption episode of the anime, Rin made it absolutely clear that she didn't consider Daikichi to be her father. People are imposing their values onto the story, not paying attention to what the story is telling us.

The story is telling us that the determination of a six year old is set in stone?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
The story is telling us that the determination of a six year old is set in stone?

Of course not, but the story is all we have to go by; everything else is our own extrapolation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Wow, six posts before this thread descended into a several page debate over the manga's ending. Rolling Eyes

marrying your child is something that even surprised me. If they where going to go for source material adaption then that's what would happen, no point in spoiler everyone should know this already.

Aside I loved the anime.. It's one of the few that as a hard core fan that I am ashamed to admit that i can openly recommend to anyone that likes a good story or drama.

I know, I just get tired of every thread involving anything Usagi Drop everyone just talking about the manga's ending. I mean I know it's a surprising ending I just wish that in a thread meant to discuss a review of the anime more people would be talking about the, y'know, anime.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:58 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
Hey! I just learnt a new word. Ephe... ephebe... what was it again? Confused

Ephebophilia. You're welcome. Smile
Rensie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:09 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So you have nothing to contribute to this discussion except to repeat your original idiotic statements. Way to go, Mr. Under 10.

Neither you have a solid argoument but attack me personally with stupid sentences, dear immature blooder.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:22 am Reply with quote
Rensie wrote:
Blood- wrote:
So you have nothing to contribute to this discussion except to repeat your original idiotic statements. Way to go, Mr. Under 10.

Neither you have a solid argoument but attack me personally with stupid sentences, dear immature blooder.

Of course I have a solid argument. Your contention that anybody who doesn't like the manga ending of Usagi Drop is a bigot is so absurd that it doesn't require any "proof" to refute. Your contention that no Japanese person would find the ending objectionable is equally laughable. In short, me calling you a useless pile of troll-dung isn't a personal attack on you - it is simply a 100% accurate description of you as a poster.
Rensie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:27 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Of course I have a solid argument. Your contention that anybody who doesn't like the manga ending of Usagi Drop is a bigot is so absurd that it doesn't require any "proof" to refute. Your contention that no Japanese person would find the ending objectionable is equally laughable. In short, me calling you a useless pile of troll-dung isn't a personal attack on you - it is simply a 100% accurate description of you as a poster.

No, learn to read in between the lines before talking nonsense dear blooder, you completely misunderstand my statement, i consider bigots people who claim the ending is "creepy" or "disgusting", not people who simple don't like it. Is pretty different. Ohhh, and i think the same as you, you are a sad troll make a fuss like this for a fictional work. Grew up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:32 am Reply with quote
Rensie wrote:
Blood- wrote:

No, learn to read in between the lines before talking nonsense dear blooder, you completely misunderstand my statement, i consider bigots people who claim the ending is "creepy" or "disgusting", not people who simple don't like it. Is pretty different. Ohhh, and i think the same as you, you are a sad troll make a fuss like this for a fictional work. Grew up.

No, I understood you the first time. People who find the manga end of Usagi creepy or disturbing are not bigots. The ending of the manga isn't some kind of widely-accepted Japanese cultural tradition. If you don't think there are Japanese people that would call the ending creepy or disgusting then you are simply - once again - demonstrating your ignorance. The only bigot here is you with your contention that any "foreigner" who isn't gaga for the ending must by definition be a bigot.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on your moronic posts as it is. I fully expect you to repeat your stupidity, but from now on I'll simply pass over it in contemptuous silence.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:58 am Reply with quote
I've let this go long enough, so I am putting an end to this.

There will be no further discussion about the manga version's ending. This is a thread about the anime version, and it does not cover that material. If you want to continue these arguments over the manga ending then do so in a thread in the Manga forum.
Rensie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
[EDIT: This post has been entirely whitewashed because the poster chose to ignore what I said in my previous post. To be absolutely clear, responses to previous posts about the subject matter in question are covered by my prohibition against further discussion. - Key]
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote
I've read the manga before this was released, didn't think it would get an anime but I enjoyed it. Found out it had an anime while stumbling around to find a new anime to watch. I grew very excited and I have been following the episodes along with IDOLM@STER, I have to say that Usagi Drop is one of the most beautifully betrayed animes I have ever seen, it didn't shove moe into your face and it didn't try to hard to attract an audience of perverts ( *Cough* Kodomo no Jiikan) Its beautiful and it makes me feel more mature while watching it ( I'm only 15 but this is one of my favorites and its refreshing to see a non perverted adult oriented anime) All I can say is I hope it gets a second season and that Funimation would dub it for us. Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
yotsubafanfan wrote:
I've read the manga before this was released, didn't think it would get an anime but I enjoyed it. Found out it had an anime while stumbling around to find a new anime to watch. I grew very excited and I have been following the episodes along with IDOLM@STER, I have to say that Usagi Drop is one of the most beautifully betrayed animes I have ever seen, it didn't shove moe into your face and it didn't try to hard to attract an audience of perverts ( *Cough* Kodomo no Jiikan) Its beautiful and it makes me feel more mature while watching it ( I'm only 15 but this is one of my favorites and its refreshing to see a non perverted adult oriented anime) All I can say is I hope it gets a second season and that Funimation would dub it for us. Very Happy

Paging Dr. Freud ... paging Dr. Freud ... your slip is showing. Wink
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
All of this talk about the manga made me decide to read it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4