• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Otaku from 100 Countries Voice Which Characters They Want to Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrathful

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Lame. I find not one of the female characters attractive, nor do I find any of their personalities to fit my taste. This list blows IMO >:p And yea, this is a bit too mainstream. You don't have to be a "hipster" to realize that.

I mostly agree but I think Kuroneko is not too bad. I have no idea but she just appeals to me. I have no idea really what she sees in the main character but she seems quite mature for her age. Beside her, all the characters are meh for me.

It would be interesting to see the same list without the option to choose the characters from shounen or shoujo manga.
memoabir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote
DUDE i want to date Bardock this sexy hot man from DBZ Hands down :oops:
Pangea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
If you've seen Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou, then you should know that Yukino Miyazawa would be awesome to date. There is simply no better girl out there relationship wise.
Niyari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
haha i love the picture they used for Levi. anyone seeing him for the first time would definitely get the wrong impression of his character
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
memoabir wrote:
DUDE i want to date Bardock this sexy hot man from DBZ Hands down Embarassed

I'd go for Vegeta. Bulma is lucky

Or Serpico from Berserk
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
What happens if a guy wants to date Hideyoshi Kinoshita from Baka and Test? Which list would Hideyoshi end up on?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
nor do I find any of their personalities to fit my taste.

Care to tell us what sort of personality 'fits your taste'?
aereus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:52 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Eh, those Otaku can have their Asuna. I'll just be over here with my superior Sugu.

I have to agree with this statement. Something about her character design is just excellent overall. Well balanced, and dem Sugu's Sugus aren't overbearingly large that it looks gross.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
These things are always kind of off-putting for me since they automatically expect men to pick female characters and women to pick male characters. I'm female and have almost no interest in men. I almost never pay attention to male characters. I really wish these things would be more worded as "most date-able female characters" and "most date-able male characters", without it stating that men voted for female characters and women voted for male.

But anyway wow Inuyasha still places?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Both of my husbandos made the list Very Happy
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
Fortunately, my #1 didn't make the list: Rin Tohsaka. Rin is mine! Mine I tell you! She's smart, cute, passionate, sexy, tough, determined, clever, and loyal to her friends.

As far as the list (of ladies) goes, Holo is the best of the lot, IMO. I'm not sure if I could keep up with her, though, as well as Lawerence does. Nami would be fun, too, but I doubt I'm rich enough to keep her interested or to afford going on a date with her. Razz Robin might be fun in a laid back sort of way, but I think she's more friend material to me than dating material. Rias... hard to say. It *could* be fun, and I do appreciate her... open-mindedness. As for the rest that I know: Hinata is too passive for me (though she seems to have gotten better more recently), Mio is too delicate, plus I don't often look at her that way. Asuna... started off well, but then turned into... something I do not want; apparently others weren't bothered the change in her.

Not too surprised about the guy list. I dunno what those guys would be like on a date, but thankfully that's not something I need to concern myself with.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
Kiyone from Tenchi is my dream anime girl. She's down-to-earth, reserved, intelligent, athletic, sarcastic, and pretty sexy too. I think we'd be a perfect match.

I also like Android 18 from DBZ and Nico Robin from One Piece, but I'm not sure about dating them. Oh, and Nabiki from Ranma 1/2. Almost as perfect as Kiyone. Her sister Kasumi might be a little too "goody two-shoes" and Akane has too much of a temper.

There's also Sailor Mars who's similar to Kiyone, and red hot, but a little too dramatic for my tastes. I also remember having a crush on Sailor Venus, but her personality's a little too wacky and over-the-top.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:42 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Kiyone from Tenchi is my dream anime girl. She's down-to-earth, reserved, intelligent, athletic, sarcastic, and pretty sexy too. I think we'd be a perfect match.

Oh yeah, I'm not nearly as into Tenchi Muyo as I used to be, having chosen my user name almost 12 years ago, but Kiyone is still one of my top anime women, even if she's been more or less disavowed by the franchise. I mean, the other Tenchi girls are funny enough, but Kiyone's the only one of the girls I'd want to actually meet (if she existed), due to being "balanced" without any personality extremes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:59 am Reply with quote
Interesting that the international poll has some variety in designs.

Anyways, Japanese men was asked before about this: Laughing

On the left is “girl I want to look at” or, as written in parentheses, “the girl of my dreams.”

She is described with the following characteristics:

• Confident and with a dazzling smile
    Physically fit
    Popular
    Straightforward and has a good time with anything
    All smiles and
    Fashionable and good-looking
    Height: about 165cm (5’5″)
    Athletic
    Strong and kind

Next up on the left is “girl I want to date,” or “girl I want to be with.”

• Dependent
    A little selfish
    Shows emotion
    Thin and soft
    Shy and gets lonely easily
    Pretty, but not too beautiful
    Not too popular with guys
    Height: about 150cm (4’11″)
    Doesn’t have to be strong

Who would ya rather date? Interesting how that compares with the international poll.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 am Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
That list isn't something I'd want to date bar one - Makoto Tachibana from Free!. He's a nice kid and it makes him stand out on that list big time! If he really existed and was old enough for me to date, I'd try a date with him Smile .

^that. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6