• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bamboo Blade.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnrestrictedMethod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 am Reply with quote
It's a terrific story of a group passionately pursuing what they love and of others coming to feel the same passion. Each character is believable, distinctive, and very likable. I feel for them and want them to succeed. Events aren't predictable or cliché, they feel very real while at the same time the art style leaves room for plenty of super deformity which this series makes thorough and component use of. Perhaps what really makes the show work and escape cliché is that it's mostly about trying to construct the club in the first place, not competing in tournaments. There's that too but it’s not overdone and the plot doesn't rely on the team having to win like other sports stories. With enduring, lovable characters in a real, human story Bamboo Blade is among the best anime out there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3