• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan The Final Season Anime's 'Conclusion' to Air in 2023

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what they call it, I'm just glad it's not a movie and we'll get to see the story finished with (presumably) enough episodes to not feel like the pacing has been rushed.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing all the special effects caused the big gap. I saw the April Fools Joke and was a bit nervous to believe this, but it's true. I'm also a manga reader so I guess they could get what they missed, I don't know. We'll see next year.
Matros

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:50 pm Reply with quote
gumbaloom wrote:
Maybe some of the lax production in the last few episodes is because they're going to throw the kitchen sink at this final run?

9 chapters - 11 epsidoes or so ? Full on movie grade production values?

Things were definitely not lax behind the scenes. They had to brute force and rush things under extreme working conditions.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Coming in Summer 2026: "Attack on Titan: The End: The Final: Season 5: Part 2: Part 4: The Really Final: We Really Mean it This Time ☆♫♪♫☆"
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Coming in Summer 2026: "Attack on Titan: The End: The Final: Season 5: Part 2: Part 4: The Really Final: We Really Mean it This Time ☆♫♪♫☆"

I nearly spit my soda out laughing. Thanks. Anime hyper
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Whether a film or a final-final-conclusion season, anime-only folks weren't going to get the end of the series until 2023 at the earliest. There was going to be a wait either way, so crowing about who was wrong or right seems silly and pointless. Manga readers read the final chapter a year ago this week, so they can just sit back and watch something else until the last of the adaption airs. Rolling Eyes
Artemis X

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Just going to say, you know how many times I heard the name "eren" in the context of being antagonist and villian. I tried to forget it. I watched namely some episodes of Season 1 on toonami a while back but never really got into this series haha. Man I am so spoiled now, oh well. Razz

Guess this should give me the insentive to watch this. I guess this is one of those spoilers you just can't get away from.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:18 pm Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:

You know, if you're gonna base your opinion of media on said media's fandom's response, then I think you should refrain from consuming media overall, because it says more about your level of maturity than the "12-18 year old age group"'s one, and it just shows that you can't form an opinion of your own.

Also, I've never read the term "cringevengers" until you mentioned it here, so...

Uhh what? Reread my comment. I enjoyed the ending of AOT and, while it had some flaws, the hyperbolic response from a lot of the fandom was completely unwarranted (just like the whining from people complaining about "bad planning" is here...because I fail to see how it is "bad planning").

My criticism has to do with large portions of the fandom and how weirdly genocidally apologetic many corners of it are (specifically the 12-18 year old range) and how shallow their understanding of the show appears to be. In fact, one of the first comments on this thread is literally someone saying they are "team Eren." I feel like my exasperation with these people was obvious from my first comment...

The Not so Chosen One wrote:

Yeah, I didn't get how that rumour started either. Suddenly, a lot of "reliable leakers" on Twitter passed that rumour as a fact and half the fandom made peace with it just because they said that, when in reality the inly thing confirmed by then was the last episode's delay.

At least on this site I first saw the rumor started by one person in particular (I won't say who but here is a hint, they have the Berserker Armor as their profile picture) insisting without evidence that a movie would happen based upon reddit posts and a trailer for part 2. They also insisted everything in part 2 would be bad...and they are again insisting everything in part 3 will be bad. Isn't it amazing how people who are constantly wrong can keep insisting they are right?
FallenDomino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:23 pm Reply with quote
This was the right way to go. Since MAPPA decided to go full sweatshop and grab almost everything under the sun, splitting AOT into parts to make sure things don't completely go to shit was the best choice.

But that's what happens when multiple big series are popular at the same time. Chances are, they didn't want Chainsaw Man and JJK to overlap with AOT and spaced everything out to avoid that.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

Adult Swim's ATHF already been them to it (there's even an F-word there) Laughing

Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Rogueywon wrote:
cchigu wrote:
Milking the shit out of this show. Please end my suffering, can’t take this final season any longer. Everything has gone to [expletive] shit.

More milking than an 800 cow dairy farm, that's for sure. I'm not sure how much more of it I can take. The old AoT flaw of confusing "shouting" with "emotion" is still there, but now pretty much all of the characters are awful, as anybody who was once likeable is either dead or gone to grimdark.

Don't know what your talking about. There's a lot of quiet talking and a lot of the remaining characters are fairly noble-ish, aware of their own flaws, and are trying to stop a mass devastation.

I mean its not perfect sure but your really overemphasizing its flaws.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Why not just call it the final season when it's actually the final season?
cchigu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Rogueywon wrote:
cchigu wrote:
Milking the shit out of this show. Please end my suffering, can’t take this final season any longer. Everything has gone to [expletive] shit.

More milking than an 800 cow dairy farm, that's for sure. I'm not sure how much more of it I can take. The old AoT flaw of confusing "shouting" with "emotion" is still there, but now pretty much all of the characters are awful, as anybody who was once likeable is either dead or gone to grimdark.

Don't know what your talking about. There's a lot of quiet talking and a lot of the remaining characters are fairly noble-ish, aware of their own flaws, and are trying to stop a mass devastation.

I mean its not perfect sure but your really overemphasizing its flaws.
I don't even pay attention while watching AoT but even I can see that the character motivations are insincere and the only reason the story is taking the current direction is because the [expletive] mangaka is trying to gulp down this bullshit lesson of morality-- gEnOcIde iS bAd.

I don't [expletive] care what happens, if the avengers win or lose, but this show can't [expletive] stay true to its own characters.

Well whatever. This show was never that great from the beginning.
dinoric81

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:17 pm Reply with quote
09jcg wrote:
Im glad theyre ending with more episodes as opposed to a movie, but this has been an absolute failure of marketing. I've always thought it was a bit obnoxious how anime lately has been treating split cours as if theyre the same season. Using Mushoku Tensei and 86 as examples, those really should have been season 1 and 2. There was enough narrative differences, character changes, changes in location, and a gap between release to justify them being different seasons.

AoT the "Final" Season, has taken this to the next extreme, and it comes across as a complete joke. People were going to watch it, even without the "FInal" season tag line. All this does is add to the confusion. I hope the production comittes just stop this. If theres a cour gap between parts, just market it as seasons. Had The FInal Season Part 1 and Part 2 simply been sesons 4 and 5, this would have gone over better.

I don't see what the problem is with split cours being continuations of the same season rather than calling them separate seasons. I don't see how it would make any difference calling the final parts of AOT season 4 and 5 instead of what they did. Just because American culture is used to having everything split into separate seasons doesn't mean other countries have to be the same.
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear that it is not a movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5