• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Introduce New Tiered Membership System in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
idkAlan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Raikuro wrote:
I just unsubbed from them in January and really don't care to come back unless they revamp their entire streaming service. PS3, PS4, and Android TV, all formats I tried were way too glitchy to really rely on or limited in different ways, and after losing all their Crunchyroll titles it was hard to care about staying with it.

I'll probably re-sub again when the next season of MHA starts near the end of 2019, and I'll also have all the seasons between now and then to catch up on, but right now it's pointless to just have a subscription going unused for months because the defective apps makes it annoying to put on a few episodes.

Their Android app has improved streaming wise but the download option is extremely slow. I have pretty decent download speed from other apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, and hell even VRV is a lot more faster at saving episodes/movies than Funimation's app.
So they do need to improve on that side.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:15 am Reply with quote
I am just annoyed that I need to pay for another streaming service to get my Fruits Basket in. Oh well, they did this knowing people would have to pay to keep current.

Funi + CR + HD (I have Amazon/Netflix for other reasons so I don't count them here...)

This is starting to get expensive. Confused
nDroae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Before the CR deal in 2016, I was paying $40 a year for annual Funimation (sub only) and $60 a year for annual CR. I've been actively using offline downloads with CR shows in the VRV app for no extra charge for over a year. (CR Premium subscribers in the USA can link a free VRV account and get full premium access the CR VRV channel without paying for VRV.)

The $80 level I'd go for is double what Funimation used to cost, and it's tempting to lock in the $60 annual level, but I have a serious deficit of faith that that would pay off.

Now I'm inclined to wait and sub for a month at the end of every season instead. I already do that (with much longer delays) for Netflix's licensed shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3