• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fullmetal Alchemist Blu-Ray Collector's Edition

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShindoW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
I'm probably the only person that preferred the original to Brotherhood. CoS is one of my favorite anime films, actually. I'll be picking this up at some point, just a matter of when..
xzy123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:50 am Reply with quote
ShindoW wrote:
I'm probably the only person that preferred the original to Brotherhood. CoS is one of my favorite anime films, actually. I'll be picking this up at some point, just a matter of when..

yes i love the original because they keep what is so important in manga "the death" of someone
jppcouto

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
nice review, that anime is really a masterpiece!
but FMAB is the NUMBER ONE
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Like everyone else back in the day I went absolutely friggin' nuts for FMA, the show just knocked me flat, still easily one of the best anime TV series I've ever seen.

I can't believe it's been almost ten years now since the show ended it's run on Adult Swim.

Unfortunately I still haven't caught up with either Brotherhood or the manga because I'm at an impasse where I can't decide which to experience first, considering one will spoil the other, could someone maybe help me with that decision? Confused
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
The manga has better pacing. "Brotherhood" abridges the parts of the manga the 2003 series already adapted under the assumption you've already watched it. After the fight with Greed, the series moves at a steady pace.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
Joe Carpenter wrote:
Like everyone else back in the day I went absolutely friggin' nuts for FMA, the show just knocked me flat, still easily one of the best anime TV series I've ever seen.

I can't believe it's been almost ten years now since the show ended it's run on Adult Swim.

Unfortunately I still haven't caught up with either Brotherhood or the manga because I'm at an impasse where I can't decide which to experience first, considering one will spoil the other, could someone maybe help me with that decision? Confused

Depends on which medium you prefer. If you prefer anime, Brotherhood, if you prefer manga, the manga. I haven't read the manga, but I'd say Brotherhood's worth it either way because of how well animated it is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darknight15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I personally think that Shamballa would have been stronger without the forced villain presence of the Nazis, and if Ed had permanently returned to the Amestris-verse. I love the original 2003 anime to death, and the only plot point I'm not that fond of, aside from Terminarcher, is the gate being a portal to our world. Even then, I didn't hate it. I just thought it should have been explored more.

It'd be interesting to see more anime adaptations like this. Taking the manga, adapting whatever little bit there is (maybe Deadman Wonderland could have done this), and take it in a direction separate from simply being a shounen action.

Actually There was foreshadowing for the other side of the gate, Midway through the series Ed goes through the gate and sees images from our world, Dante talks about Christianity and christ, Hohenheim says Homunculi can't use alchemy because they come through the other side of the gate, in episode 41 Hohenheim refers to the witch hunts, There was Foreshadowing, Explaining anymore would've completely ruined the twist ending
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3