• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Log Horizon's 2nd TV Anime Series to Premiere This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Instinctz wrote:
Source for the Second Season of the Trainwreck known as SAO being only one cour?

While it's not definitive, according to the ANN article reveal, season 2 will only cover 2 light novels. A couple distinctions lend credence to the assumption that season 2 will thus only be 1 cour:

* The first season consisted of 5 light novels over 25 episodes.
* Fairy Dance consisted of 2 novels and fit into 11 episodes.
* The same director is directing, so it would be odd for him to change methods and try to fill up 2 cours with content from only 2 novels.
Instinctz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
SAO gets a second season....

Log Horizon gets a second season....

Accel World gets..... Crying or Very sad

i can somewhat understand this. accel world is far better than SAO (but still not as good as LH). however SAO is only as popular as it is because its set in an MMO and the fanboys ignore all the blatent faults with it.
Instinctz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Instinctz wrote:
Source for the Second Season of the Trainwreck known as SAO being only one cour?

While it's not definitive, according to the ANN article reveal, season 2 will only cover 2 light novels. A couple distinctions lend credence to the assumption that season 2 will thus only be 1 cour:

* The same director is directing, so it would be odd for him to change methods and try to fill up 2 cours with content from only 2 novels.

Fairy Dance also had a huge chunk of it cut out.
iCards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
SAO is only doing Phantom Bulet right now but if the decide to do a second half Log Horizon and SAO might be competing with eachother for a bit. That will be interesting. Not to mention all of the Mecha series popping up to challange the "Gundam Reconguista in G" anime this fall. Then we also have Psycho Pass 2 coming out.

Fall season should be pretty fun.
Instinctz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
iCards wrote:
SAO is only doing Phantom Bulet right now but if the decide to do a second half Log Horizon and SAO might be competing with eachother for a bit. That will be interesting. Not to mention all of the Mecha series popping up to challange the "Gundam Reconguista in G" anime this fall. Then we also have Psycho Pass 2 coming out.

Fall season should be pretty fun.

fall? summer?

dude i'm just waiting for april so i can watch Mahouka. anything beyond that doesnt matter one bit.
iCards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Instinctz wrote:
myskaros wrote:
Instinctz wrote:

/the anime was pretty darn faithful to the source material.

I read Fairy Dance the only thing really cut out was a "filler" chapter that hinted at the Excalibur quest, which is a side story done later on.
Instinctz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
iCards wrote:
Instinctz wrote:
myskaros wrote:
Instinctz wrote:

/the anime was pretty darn faithful to the source material.

I read Fairy Dance the only thing really cut out was a "filler" chapter that hinted at the Excalibur quest, which is a side story done later on.

it actually took place during the main storyline though.

either way, SAO is pretty mediocre overall and doesn't live up to the hype it has.
Prunus Trick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Instinctz wrote:

Now now don’t bully, GGO isn’t that bad and Mothers Rosario is actually legitimately good. A shame they aren’t adapting it (yet).
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS thank you based anime jesus
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if I'm up for 25 more episodes. While there are things that I definitely like about it, I frequently find it extremely boring.
Instinctz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Prunus Trick wrote:
Instinctz wrote:

Now now don’t bully, GGO isn’t that bad and Mothers Rosario is actually legitimately good. A shame they aren’t adapting it (yet).

well yeah. by then the author actually had learned a thing or two. but SAO and Fairy Dance arcs were just mediocre at best
hellsingfan01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
sword art online season 2 , space dandy season and log horizon season 2 nobody pinch me
Instinctz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
hellsingfan01 wrote:
sword art online season 2 , space dandy season and log horizon season 2 nobody pinch me

did you forget mahouka koukou on your list? me thinks you did.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be a fantastic year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
As the article itself mentions, there's lots of spinoffs and even a spinoff web novel about a certain Debauchery Tea Party leader's post-Apocalypse adventure

The catch is that most of the spin offs take place in the time frame already covered. For example, the West Wind Brigade side story thus takes place after the cataclysm following Soujiro's point of view, and current material for it ends before episode 10 of the anime. The same is true of Honey Moon Logs to my knowledge. The Nyanta focuses side story is the only one chronologically placed after that point, and it's kind of short on content to use for much filler. The one webnovel side story doesn't have those same restrictions, but it's far from complete, and I doubt they'd be eager to adapt a story that isn't even officially published.

Now, Log Horizon's director Shinji Ishihira is great at getting every scrap of source material he can for content. However, he's returning to directing Fairy Tail this spring, which stands a high chance of running for a year at minimum. So he'll likely be unavailable to direct Log Horizon season 2.

All told, unless the author manages to rush out a couple more books between now and fall, you're looking at either a one cour season, drastically slowed pacing, or lots of filler.

myskaros wrote:
Instinctz wrote:

The problem with your logic, and that article, is that you're assuming that they will only be adapting two novels. They generally don't do promotional material for stuff that's much further on down the line. They want to be hyping what's next, not what will come after what happens next. For example, when SAO started airing, the promotional materials did not include anything about the Fairy Dance arc. It wasn't until the series progressed and we saw the pacing did we know that they'd be adapting Fairy Dance as well. Or Fairy Tail. When we learned it would go beyond 48 episodes, they were talking about adapting the Oracion Seis arc for it's "second season". A few years later and they were well past that arc when the anime stopped. So them only talking about the Phantom Bullet arc now is no guarantee that they will only adapt it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4