• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Founder of U.S. Store Chain Best Buy Resigns

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostrune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote
And people try to demonize Japan with how you can lose your job because of having sex Laughing
V1046-R

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
nhat wrote:

It's simply the way people are buying things nowadays. The convenience of shopping online is so much easier. That's why borders and other bookstores are going away.

Yeah, at this point I see little reason to go to an actual store when I can get better prices online for the same products. I guess if you're impatient and you MUST have it today, Best Buy might win out, but meh... I can wait a couple days.

It depends on what I am shopping for. I see no need to drive across town to see if a blu ray happens to be on a store shelf, especially if I am in no particular hurry to watch it immediately.

But hell no will I buy electronics online from some company without a traditional store nearby where I can bring it back for exchange or money back if defective. I am not down with shipping stuff back & waiting for days or longer for everything to get resolved.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I have never had a problem with Best Buy or its customer service, but I won't deny that others have had. Despite Best Buy's issues, they are one of the few stores that men can graze at. I can spend an hour or two wandering about Best Buy. PC computers and laptops, consoles, camera's, games, TV's, stereos, anime, video, and etc. Plenty of stuff to look at.

Maybe I am a old timer, but going out shopping would be a chore, if it wasn't for places like Best Buy and Barnes & Noble. So I have my fingers crossed wishing for Best Buy's success.
V1046-R

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:25 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
I have never had a problem with Best Buy or its customer service, but I won't deny that others have had. Despite Best Buy's issues, they are one of the few stores that men can graze at. I can spend an hour or two wandering about Best Buy. PC computers and laptops, consoles, camera's, games, TV's, stereos, anime, video, and etc. Plenty of stuff to look at.

Maybe I am a old timer, but going out shopping would be a chore, if it wasn't for places like Best Buy and Barnes & Noble. So I have my fingers crossed wishing for Best Buy's success.

I have had one bad experience with Best Buy customer service on an expensive TV that had a flaw. But I'll save you all the long story, and summarize the issue was more due to one lazy idiot that ticked me off, and not reflective of my overall experience at this local store. I have no concerns continuing to shop there after working things out with their manager after escalating that one issue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3