• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Fullmetal Alchemist TV Anime Series Confirmed

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote
^ Maybe because the manga will end within 4-5 months?
If that's the case, the anime will have all the time to start from the very beginning again without reaching the manga before it ends, and this time it'll stick to 100% canon material and be in 16:9... I can't wait for it! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote
smashmeapples wrote:
Besides that, Vic Mignogna's gotta be Edward, I think he's the most suitable.

Romi Paku is most suitable. Vic Mignogna is a mediocre Ed.

Anyway, why are people ressurecting this thread? It's been months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote
Because people can't wait to know all the details about this FMA series, and because people love FMA. Wink

P.S. I agree about Ed's voice actors. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
KingKaos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
The anime is nothing but a shadow of the manga. The Manga is an incredible story that has to be told, regardless if the beginning of the anime started the same way. In all honesty why are anime fans so opposed to getting what can only be a BETTER anime series of Fullmetal Alchemist. Not to mention way better characters, fights, plot and all around just a more incredible anime.

The people who say they do not like the manga can stick with their lame shounen manga like Naruto, Bleach, and the ones like those...
You want big final attacks and some amazing power only the main character has so he's always saving everyone else then don't even bother with Fullmetal Alchemist, its beyond those pathetic stories!
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 am Reply with quote
^ I love FMA, I think it's better than Naruto, and MUCH better than Bleach, but I like these two too. ^^'

Also, you don't seems to really know Naruto... the main character loses more times than he wins, and he sure isn't invincible... and not only Naruto, but each character in this manga is more "realistic", in a way, than most of shounen...

Anyway, I agree with you on the fact that the FMA manga is absolutely worthy of a new, faithful animated series.

I can't wait.

P.S. Did you see the latest CM, didn't you? Wink
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
KingKaos wrote:
The anime is nothing but a shadow of the manga. The Manga is an incredible story that has to be told, regardless if the beginning of the anime started the same way. In all honesty why are anime fans so opposed to getting what can only be a BETTER anime series of Fullmetal Alchemist. Not to mention way better characters, fights, plot and all around just a more incredible anime.

The people who say they do not like the manga can stick with their lame shounen manga like Naruto, Bleach, and the ones like those...
You want big final attacks and some amazing power only the main character has so he's always saving everyone else then don't even bother with Fullmetal Alchemist, its beyond those pathetic stories!

people watch too much naruto these days.....everywhere u go there is naruto...being an fma fan..i find that disheartening...
and uve got a point there,,the fma manga is a complex story..its a class apart
KingKaos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Ok I was perhaps a little too rough on Naruto and Bleach... but it was merely to make a strong point... I actually have read Naruto and Bleach, and what I meant was that FMA trumps them and makes them look pathetic in my opinion.

But the main point here is that an entire anime series devoted to the FMA manga story can only be a good thing. The manga will be done far before the anime comes close to where it is now, which can only mean one thing: no fillers! Just a linear story going from point A to the end point B... and it won't be filled with stalling like so many other anime based off manga's that are not complete (Naruto, Bleach, D Gray Man) not saying these are bad animes, but they definately could be better...
cnav

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
KingKaos wrote:
Ok I was perhaps a little too rough on Naruto and Bleach... but it was merely to make a strong point... I actually have read Naruto and Bleach, and what I meant was that FMA trumps them and makes them look pathetic in my opinion.

But the main point here is that an entire anime series devoted to the FMA manga story can only be a good thing. The manga will be done far before the anime comes close to where it is now, which can only mean one thing: no fillers! Just a linear story going from point A to the end point B... and it won't be filled with stalling like so many other anime based off manga's that are not complete (Naruto, Bleach, D Gray Man) not saying these are bad animes, but they definately could be better...

ur 100 percent on the spot..the fma manga is an epic..this new anime will stand out as one of the best out there(if no one screws it up..)..and about fillers..i dont think a few filler episodes are gonna hurt the anime much...(4-5 ) in the whole series is enuf..that is if the series goes on for at least 80 episodes...
KingKaos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
KingKaos wrote:

ur 100 percent on the spot..the fma manga is an epic..this new anime will stand out as one of the best out there(if no one screws it up..)..and about fillers..i don't think a few filler episodes are gonna hurt the anime much...(4-5 ) in the whole series is enuf..that is if the series goes on for at least 80 episodes...

Ya you definetely make an excellent point, it never does hurt for a few fillers... but what do fillers serve for when a manga series is complete and the anime could just follow that no problem...

Aw well... we have to wait for the series to be on the air for a bit before we can really judge it. Now I understand there is a character by the name of Isaac in the cast list??
I don't know but when I checked it out it seemed odd to me that all the characters had a full name and then there was just Isaac... perhaps the name Isaac is wrong information or a mixed up name...

That or our worst fears (well mine) this new FMA series will not be an anime adaptation of the manga... but hey, I don't see any point to Bones doing that when the manga has such amazing material to offer... and the previous anime of FMA was already like that.

Last edited by KingKaos on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
cnav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quote
i really dont see bones doing that again...then wats the point of showing all the homunculus spoiler[including father and new pride)]...making something new would be a let down for most of the people...but id still watch....
and moreover the first few episodes might not follow the manga..but i dont have a problem with that....
if bones does end up making something completely new ,,then in 2014 we might be seeing another full metal alchemist season which will follow the manga...lol
i dont want this series to be another eva....plzz bones..
KingKaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
i really don't see bones doing that again...then wats the point of showing all the homunculus spoiler[including father and new pride)]...making something new would be a let down for most of the people...but id still watch....
and moreover the first few episodes might not follow the manga..but i don't have a problem with that....
if bones does end up making something completely new ,,then in 2014 we might be seeing another full metal alchemist season which will follow the manga...lol
i don't want this series to be another eva....plzz bones..

When you say they showed the homunculi what do you mean??
Like was there a commercial or a video I missed showing this stuff Razz
But ya I'm pretty sure I made it clear I want an anime that follows the Manga... I did not even like the previous anime to be honest...
cnav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 am Reply with quote
didn't u see the scans from newtype and the new shonen gangan featuring the poster of all the homunculi...i think u didn't notice...
the link is http://hagarenbbs.org/viewthread.php?tid=14497&fpage=1

these are the newtype scans...
cnav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:07 am Reply with quote
KingKaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm Reply with quote
thanks Cnav... I never did see those... That's pretty cool... I wonder if that guy with the cape next to Scar is Isaac??
cnav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:03 am Reply with quote
yes...dude..he is isaac...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14