• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New anime on Adult Swim...come in and see...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakuya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I guess there's one good outlook on this... Laughing I had been looking to get Wolf's Rain on DVD but couldn't find the DVD's (other than bootlegged ones) anywhere. Now that it's coming out on Adult Swim I don't have to worry about looking for it. I hope they don't cut scenes out... Highly doubtful... but hey, I can dream...

As it is I'm continually being creeped by the fact that every anime I get into usually ends up getting dubbed or put on US TV (basically, it becomes popular) only a few months after I find it... I just started looking up Wolf's Rain a couple weeks ago (I had no idea it was coming to Adult Swim until now)... Oh well...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
trippleslasher///

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:14 pm Reply with quote
need what piece ? Very Happy Arrow Smile Arrow Confused Arrow Sad Arrow Mad Arrow Evil or Very Mad
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote
One Piece. I've heard many good things and am very, very anxious to see it.
Judau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Samurai CDZ wrote:
One Piece. I've heard many good things and am very, very anxious to see it.

Yeah, for anyone who likes shonen anime or just like a good wacky laugh... you need to see One Piece, its just as good as everyone says. Although it seems most people judge it pretty fast on how it looks, just because the style is... pretty unique. I think it fits both the action and the comedy well, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Amaya Angel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Yay! That would be totally cool! You see, I can't find much anime to rent or to preview or anything, so I'm stuck on Anime Unleashed, Speed Racer on the Speed network, and Adult Swim. That's not a lot, considering how much anime is out there. My friend and are are desperate for new anime... Anime cry
trippleslasher///

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Shocked wow one piece looks good ! Wink Arrow Cool from guese who me
spike_spiegel7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:07 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
Toonzone just posted a card that Adult Swim recently aired. It can be seen here.

As you can see, "Witch Hunter Robin" is confirmed for February. "Wolf's Rain" and "Ghost in the Shell: SAC" are probable, but the fact that they're mentioned means AS is going after them and we'll more than likely seeing them on the Swim next year.

wow...witch hunter robin and ghost in the shell stand alone: sac that is going to be a great lineup. r they going to be once a week shows or monday-thursday?
arxane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Definitely on weekdays.

They only gave the Sunday timeslot to "Big O" because they cofunded the second season and wanted to give it as big a push as they could.
Fenrir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Wolf's Rain is a really hit or miss series. I seriously doubt it will survive on CN much like escaflown flopped so will Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin althought he later is more likely to succeed. But most of us hardcore fans have seen it already and won't stand watching the dubbed edited crap that is on TV.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne wasn't on Cartoon network, let alone Adult Swim, it was on Saturday Mornings on Fox Kids. Bad example.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne, unless I'm mistaken, was also so heavily edited that it warped the continuity. So it wouldn't surprise me that first-time viewers found it difficult to follow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Fenrir wrote:
Wolf's Rain is a really hit or miss series. I seriously doubt it will survive on CN much like escaflown flopped so will Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin althought he later is more likely to succeed. But most of us hardcore fans have seen it already and won't stand watching the dubbed edited crap that is on TV.

This is so ridiculously wrong. Wolf's Rain is THE best anime series from last year and should be a COLOSSAL success when it airs on Adult Swim. I know very few people who have seen it that don't think it's a masterpiece.

Excellent show. Better than Cowboy Bebop, in my opinion. Much better.
spike_spiegel7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Fenrir wrote:

This is so ridiculously wrong. Wolf's Rain is THE best anime series from last year and should be a COLOSSAL success when it airs on Adult Swim. I know very few people who have seen it that don't think it's a masterpiece.

Excellent show. Better than Cowboy Bebop, in my opinion. Much better.

wow, i never watched wolf's rain, but to say it's "much better" than bebop is quite a statement. i'll definately have to check wolf's rain out next time i'm at the anime shop.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I have my reservations with Wolf's Rain. I haven't seen it, but I heard a little bit about it, and I have a hard time seeing a series of that length with four consecutive recap episodes being a "Masterpiece." Something like that could really drag a series down, y'know?

Not saying it's crap, just saying...I dunno...I guess I'll wait until I see for myself to make a final judgment, but I have my doubts...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:21 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I have my reservations with Wolf's Rain. I haven't seen it, but I heard a little bit about it, and I have a hard time seeing a series of that length with four consecutive recap episodes being a "Masterpiece." Something like that could really drag a series down, y'know?

Not saying it's crap, just saying...I dunno...I guess I'll wait until I see for myself to make a final judgment, but I have my doubts...

Well, I've never been up on the exact reason those recap episodes happened. However, the series is being finished with a set of OVA's, so no worries. I'd like to see the rest of it. Now I did see the first 19 eps of Wolf's Rain, so I can't difinitively say it's better than Bebop, but it is right up there as one of the best series we've seen in awhile. So far, I like Bebop better, but once I've taken in the full experience, my opinion may change.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3