• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AN Entertainment Says Good-Bye to Risky Safety

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadwhawk

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quote
Just FYI, but I e-mailed AN about the production art stuff, and was informed that they're already sold out 'at this time'.

Even though I'm not a big fan of the series, it would've been cool to have a big pile of production materials!
energydan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quote
Yeah really, I'm bummed out as well that I missed out on that deal. Especially at that price...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote
energydan wrote:
Yeah really, I'm bummed out as well that I missed out on that deal. Especially at that price...

I'm not 'bummed', I'm pissed! Were they ever even available, for cryin' out loud?!

And if they're gone, why don't they take the link down? The whole thing reeks to me...
Ask John
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Please accept our apologies. None of us at AnimeNation expected the overwhelming and sudden interest in the Risky Safety production art. We own all of the original Japanese production art for the series, but we only pulled the "A" and "B" quality art for sale to customers. So there was only a limited amount of it available. It went up for sale on Friday afternoon, and sold out sometime on Saturday. Based on the limited interest we've previous seen for Risky Safety, we expected to sell only a handful of lots of the original art. We never, ever guessed that we'd sell out of all of it in less than a day. It's now been taken off the AnimeNation website.

In fact, now that it's soon to go out of print, demand for Risky Safety has skyrocketed. If the current pace of sales stays even remotely near what it has been over the past 3 days, we'll exhaust our entire inventory of Risky Safety DVDs well before the license expires this fall. The series collector boxes are sold out.
Shadwhawk

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Ask John wrote:
Please accept our apologies. None of us at AnimeNation expected the overwhelming and sudden interest in the Risky Safety production art. We own all of the original Japanese production art for the series, but we only pulled the "A" and "B" quality art for sale to customers. So there was only a limited amount of it available. It went up for sale on Friday afternoon, and sold out sometime on Saturday. Based on the limited interest we've previous seen for Risky Safety, we expected to sell only a handful of lots of the original art. We never, ever guessed that we'd sell out of all of it in less than a day. It's now been taken off the AnimeNation website.

In fact, now that it's soon to go out of print, demand for Risky Safety has skyrocketed. If the current pace of sales stays even remotely near what it has been over the past 3 days, we'll exhaust our entire inventory of Risky Safety DVDs well before the license expires this fall. The series collector boxes are sold out.

Perhaps 5 pounds of production material for a mere $10 was too tempting for, well, everyone. I think a pound would've been plenty. Smile
energydan

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Ask John wrote:

I'll buy the "C" and "D" quality art if you put it up for sale. That production art is a hell of a collectors item.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2