• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Reveals English Dubs for Chained Soldier, My Instant Death Ability Is Overpowered, Leve

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:53 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:

Exactly why I'm replying to this...ugh, seriously Sentai/HiDive, thanks for disappointing TMM fans by bringing up that twitter poll asking fans in general if they wanted a dub for TMM New. Majority voted yes, but Sentai/HiDive never went anywhere it it. Honestly, it just feels really soul-crushing and draining to be a TMM fan stateside.
There are other factors to take into account like maybe the Japanese licensors stepped in and said no given the past history of Tokyo Mew Mew In English. But also when was the last anime dub ever decided by online poll? I think y'all are taking that poll too seriously which was always nothing more than engagement bait.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Erulogos wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
I hope we get an English dub release for Gushing Over Magical Girls.

The cast for that one wouldn't be huge, but I'm honestly drawing a blank as to who could do Magia Baiser and her many sides justice vocally, even thinking outside of talent Sentai usually works with. Someone who can convincingly go from shy and self conscious, to over-excited and kinda delirious, to full bore pervert, with occasional dashes of uber domme energy, is a rather rare talent. I guess we could hope for them to pull off the same magic trick the JP audio did and find a previously unknown talent who knocks it out of the park.

I'd want Monica Rial to do Magia Laughing
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:14 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I wish from Sentai is that they'd announce what shows in advance will get dubbed like Crunchyroll does. See, I usually prefer dubs and with this knowledge I could wait until they begin dubbing something I'm interested in.
SkyGodTiw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:26 am Reply with quote
While it's nice they are doing some shows the amount and is low and slow. Also they were replacing shows they had removed and that has stopped for months now and I never understood that move and also their UPDATE to the app caused SUBTITLES for on screen writing to disappear along with the opening and closing song translations unless you go full CC and they have not fixed that issue., Is everything there as broken and dysfunctional as the state of Texas?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:19 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
The only thing I wish from Sentai is that they'd announce what shows in advance will get dubbed like Crunchyroll does. See, I usually prefer dubs and with this knowledge I could wait until they begin dubbing something I'm interested in.

Unless it is a sequel to one of their big titles Sentai decides to dub something until they see how it performed on HIDIVE. Although with how few titles they have licensed the last four season it is possible that they will dub every new pickup going forward.

And don't compare it with Crunchyroll because their dubbing oparation is so big because they can afford to dub 20+ titles each season with little concern of how their perform because of the millions of subscribrers they have. In comparison Sentai/HIDIVE's operation is very meniscule and volatile to decide in advance what to dub.
Rob J.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Erulogos wrote:
chrisc1978 wrote:
I hope we get an English dub release for Gushing Over Magical Girls.

The cast for that one wouldn't be huge, but I'm honestly drawing a blank as to who could do Magia Baiser and her many sides justice vocally, even thinking outside of talent Sentai usually works with. Someone who can convincingly go from shy and self conscious, to over-excited and kinda delirious, to full bore pervert, with occasional dashes of uber domme energy, is a rather rare talent. I guess we could hope for them to pull off the same magic trick the JP audio did and find a previously unknown talent who knocks it out of the park.

Not having seen the show (and I may not ever, given the content as described in the reviews) Brittney Karbowski?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2