• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:56 am Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
I'd rather have a KonoSuba season 4 but, hey, good for this show's fans!!

I second this!
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:40 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Its not the greatest stuff I've watched, but I'm consistently entertained. . . Some of the second season was a little sloppy because it didn't juggle well sharing time with the heroes, but I still had fun overall and I'm looking forward to another season. Smile

Pretty much my view on this, too. While I somewhat lament that s2 doesn't have the wacky charm of the first season, s2 made up for it in other ways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
utawoutau

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Was I the only one who watched the first couple episodes of season 2 and felt like they had missed a lot of stuff? I should go back and watch the stuff that happens at the fort cause that was the most confusing. I thought at first it was a flash forward and the show would work back and explain what happened, but no.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:16 pm Reply with quote
I think season 2 wound up dragging in a lot of places -- the school arc went on forever, and the stuff with the heroes started the whole thing out on a deeply dull note -- but, much like season 1, it ended on a pretty strong note and left me hopeful to see where the story goes in the future.

Here's hoping the wait's not too long -- Tsukimichi is just about the only conventional isekai that's managed to keep my interest (more-or-less), and it certainly doesn't look like we'll be getting the novels all out in English any time soon. Guess not every series can warrant pumping out 3-4 books per year like Bookworm.
Seagloom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:16 pm Reply with quote
utawoutau wrote:
Was I the only one who watched the first couple episodes of season 2 and felt like they had missed a lot of stuff? I should go back and watch the stuff that happens at the fort cause that was the most confusing. I thought at first it was a flash forward and the show would work back and explain what happened, but no.

It was a flashback... sort of. Originally the heroes' introductory arcs were interspersed between events earlier in Makoto's story. I can only assume they never expected to get a second season when producing the first, and made the decision to cut them and focus on Makoto. That forced them to speedrun and front-load what they skipped in S1 or the story wouldn't work going forward.

If you want a more coherent version I highly recommend checking out the manga instead. Only the first volume of the novel is officially translated and the manga is farther along, if still behind where S2 concluded.

I expect S3 will have a similar issue, albeit less pronounced, as a result of other cuts they made.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo! Very Happy
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The show is alright.

much better than SlImE, despite sharing many similarities.
Rastabaxis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:27 am Reply with quote
I absolutely love this Anime! I've been a huge fan since episode 1. I don't specifically know why, but this anime just hits all the right spots for me, making it my personal favorite anime to date. So hearing there will be a season 3 just makes me so happy. Any extra content I can get, concerning this particular anime, is just fantastic news for me. I hope we get many more seasons beyond 3. I just can't get enough of this particular anime. See y'all when season 3 drops. Very Happy Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2