• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Manga to End in 5 Chapters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaenzcampbaesa1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:49 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:

"Glad we’re ending off on a really high note" How can you even say that? The final arc was probably even worse that the Naruto final arc in terms of almost everything. The build up that Horikoshi made for that finale had some of the worst and most dissapointing resolutions i've read. This is not a "really high note" ending by any means.

It’s also nowhere near the worst/most underwhelming ending of a series either. Not when Bleach, YuYuHakusho, Reborn, Eyeshield 21, and a slew of other manga & anime series could easily take the top spot.

But it is though, in terms of final fights at least it has arguably some of the bottom worst. The final fight with Shigaraki and AFO was pathetic, probably on par with the Seven Deadly Sins final fight or with Fairy Tail's final fight. The only reason the ending might not be that terrible is because of these epilogue chapters, but the conclusion of the battles was atrocious.
zaenzcampbaesa1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:

"Glad we’re ending off on a really high note" How can you even say that? The final arc was probably even worse that the Naruto final arc in terms of almost everything. The build up that Horikoshi made for that finale had some of the worst and most dissapointing resolutions i've read. This is not a "really high note" ending by any means.

It’s also nowhere near the worst/most underwhelming ending of a series either. Not when Bleach, YuYuHakusho, Reborn, Eyeshield 21, and a slew of other manga & anime series could easily take the top spot.

Dude, let him be.

The guy made an account just to whine that this site doesn't hate these chinese doodles as much as him, his 9 posts are just about that.

Do you have any idea of the kind of issues one must have in his daily life just to do that?

If complaining that people doesn't complain gives him joy I am all for it.

You dont have anything to actually say about the subject, that's why you try to attack me personally, buecause i hurt you with my comments on this series.

If you had something to say you'd stay on topic, but you have to hide behind personal attacks because i said something your dont like to hear about this manga.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:47 pm Reply with quote
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:

But it is though, in terms of final fights at least it has arguably some of the bottom worst. The final fight with Shigaraki and AFO was pathetic, probably on par with the Seven Deadly Sins final fight or with Fairy Tail's final fight. The only reason the ending might not be that terrible is because of these epilogue chapters, but the conclusion of the battles was atrocious.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
YackDe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:54 pm Reply with quote
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:

To just use their examples: Bleach ended with Kubo having to pull a magic arrow out his ass because he ran out of time and was in immense pain; YYH lost all momentum and it felt like Togashi actively hated having to keep working on it and so skipped everything he could; and Eyeshield 21 had a whole ~30 chapter arc that felt superfluous. Would add in Hokuto no Ken as a manga that ended because the authors finally got what they wanted, long after the story's heyday and long after their motivation ran dry (with the final confrontations being against complete nobodies because they had already exhausted the idea of Raoh 2.0). MHA's final stretch doesn't even compare to any of them.
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:23 pm Reply with quote
YackDe wrote:
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:

To just use their examples: Bleach ended with Kubo having to pull a magic arrow out his ass because he ran out of time and was in immense pain; YYH lost all momentum and it felt like Togashi actively hated having to keep working on it and so skipped everything he could; and Eyeshield 21 had a whole ~30 chapter arc that felt superfluous. Would add in Hokuto no Ken as a manga that ended because the authors finally got what they wanted, long after the story's heyday and long after their motivation ran dry (with the final confrontations being against complete nobodies because they had already exhausted the idea of Raoh 2.0). MHA's final stretch doesn't even compare to any of them.

And then there's Reborn. Amongst its many issues my personal biggest frustration is how the final arc doesn't really develop any character relationships. Combine that with the final chapter that could honestly have happened a 100 chapters earlier w/out feeling out of place. It just felt like there were no lasting developments in the final arc, just an all-star battle royale that worfed most of the characters.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:31 pm Reply with quote
zaenzcampbaesa1 wrote:

You dont have anything to actually say about the subject, that's why you try to attack me personally, buecause i hurt you with my comments on this series.

If you had something to say you'd stay on topic, but you have to hide behind personal attacks because i said something your dont like to hear about this manga.

No problem man, I am glad I can help you to relieve some stress, I am glad you can find joy on this series even is to complain people don't complain.

Hal14 wrote:

And then there's Reborn. Amongst its many issues my personal biggest frustration is how the final arc doesn't really develop any character relationships. Combine that with the final chapter that could honestly have happened a 100 chapters earlier w/out feeling out of place. It just felt like there were no lasting developments in the final arc, just an all-star battle royale that worfed most of the characters.

Man, using Reborn's ending is cheating, that's like playing rock, paper scissors and pulling a shotgun.

I would watch the whole Ninja War in Anime form before reading that last Reborn chapter again.

I mean, going out of your way to undo all of you MC character development just to end the series in a joke and a callback from the first arc... not worth at all.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Hal14 wrote:

After the preceding arc worfed the main cast in spite of the arc before that giving them new powers to overcome the villains of that arc.
Hal14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Man, using Reborn's ending is cheating, that's like playing rock, paper scissors and pulling a shotgun.

No, cheating would be bringing up Shokugeki no Soma's final arc.

BadNewsBlues wrote:

After the preceding arc worfed the main cast in spite of the arc before that giving them new powers to overcome the villains of that arc.

Yeah the cast of Reborn gets worfed a lot! Which makes the multiple training episodes just more annoying in hindsight
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Kind of surreal to see it ending but I'm glad they got enough chapters for a proper epilogue.
@ASAnime6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:01 am Reply with quote
this would be awesome to finish things ONLY in one case which is no second part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2