• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix to Stream Sailor Moon Cosmos Films on August 22

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:13 am Reply with quote
FINALLY!!!
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:22 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
SnowWarren wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:
If the script is done by Netflix again, I'm gonna have to watch it in sub only.

The choices they made made the dub hard to watch, so I was hoping for a different company and/or a theatrical release.

The literal script wasn't Netflix's fault. Their hands were tied.

Sorry, I'm using Netflix as a catch all because I know the changes were done once they acquired the rights. I just wonder why such a bizarre change was allowed after Viz Media handled the series for so long, and better. It's mostly the choice of using honorifics that made it hard to watch in English. I prefer Crystal over Classic when watching the dub.

On a side note, I guess because the last two seasons were in movie form they sold it to Netflix? No real idea. This is also a bummer because I would prefer to buy it on home video than use a streaming service to access it.

Apparently, it was at Naoko's demand and other international dubs were similarly affected.
Retrosofa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:37 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
I'm secretly hoping that Terri Hawkes would play Sailor Cosmos tbh, it would make it just come full circle in the most wholesome way.

I'm really hoping they get one of the original English actresses to play Cosmos but I doubt they'll pull through.

Linda Ballantyne has publicly announced she'd gladly voice Sailor Cosmos. Terri Hawkes did a guest spot on Bee and PuppyCat, so I'm sure she'd be down. I also think Tracey Moore is still active.
StarFan13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:11 pm Reply with quote
i wonder who is going to voice the rest of the shadow galactica in the dub because galaxia, iron mouse, aluminum siren, lead crow and tin nyanko already got reprised by the same actresses as the 90s anime
yratgrrsapyrs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I can't believe Netflix is finally streaming Sailor Moon Cosmos films! I grew up watching Sailor Moon, so this news totally made my day. The doubt bringing back everyone would be epic, especially for the Animates. It reminds me of when I first discovered Sailor Moon on https://onlinetvcast.com/guides/hulu-argentina. I binge-watched the entire series during a rainy weekend and fell in love with the characters all over again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2