• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Original Naruto Anime's Brand-New Episodes Premiere on September 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 2:51 pm Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
[And that still does not really warrant a good reason to make a remake out of it. It's just milking and nothing else.
Yeah, well, sorry that you still haven't learned about this, but people REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYYYYY love money. Wink
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:14 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
[And that still does not really warrant a good reason to make a remake out of it. It's just milking and nothing else.
Yeah, well, sorry that you still haven't learned about this, but people REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYYYYY love money. Wink

Thankfully it is not as bad as it is in gaming....yet. Game wise we already have remakes for older remakes.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:31 pm Reply with quote
I hope the episodes are a sakuga fest.
CrimeVsCrime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Boruto doing that badly that they have to go back to Kid Naruto?

(Only half joking)
Unculturedman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:05 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
XCalliope wrote:
At this point they may as well remake the whole original anime with Bleach: TYBW treatment.

I find that to be completely pointless, really. For as much flaws as you could find in regards to fillers, pacing, animation, etc. The anime as it stands still holds up greatly. Save re-adaptations for series that got actual poor treatment.

Plus some of the filler was actually pretty helpful when it came to fleshing out Team 7's relationship pre-timeskip. Something that was pretty poorly developed in the manga.

This is just completely false, anyone who legitimately believes this doesn't understand the story or the characters. I love the anime, but the manga is far superior. I enjoyed some of the filler, but let's not pretend that it was anything more than just entertaining at best.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:39 pm Reply with quote
As someone who's...let's just say not a massive fan of the franchise, I've never understood why it's so eager to go back to the pre-timeskip well again and again. Even Shippuden sets a substantial portion of its (copious) filler episodes there. For my money, a good chunk of the cast was straight-up insufferable as younger kids, Naruto himself above all else, and it's only after they got aged up and matured in Shippuden that they became tolerable. (Well, Sasuke was always terrible, but you can't win 'em all.) Going back to young Naruto shouting his head off at everyone isn't my idea of a good time.
Unculturedman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
As someone who's...let's just say not a massive fan of the franchise, I've never understood why it's so eager to go back to the pre-timeskip well again and again. Even Shippuden sets a substantial portion of its (copious) filler episodes there. For my money, a good chunk of the cast was straight-up insufferable as younger kids, Naruto himself above all else, and it's only after they got aged up and matured in Shippuden that they became tolerable. (Well, Sasuke was always terrible, but you can't win 'em all.) Going back to young Naruto shouting his head off at everyone isn't my idea of a good time.

Well, for people who actually like Naruto, part 1 represents not only very strong nostalgia, but the period when the series was lighter, simpler and more upbeat, before the series became more somber, complex and generally more of a downer with part 2. The tonal shift between parts makes a good portion of fans occasionally miss the happier times of the series in part 1, and again part 1 Naruto nostalgia is extremely powerful stuff.
Matros

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:23 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
They need to make Naruto Kai with all the filler stripped off
Good luck attracting the new fans with 20 years old animation.

Fillers are least of its problems, especially nowadays when people can just skip them easily.

First of all, watch this video, educate yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-t6t2vkH4&ab_channel=AmazingAnimationAnalysis

Secondly, we are talking about animation and not outdated video game graphics. Good animation is timeless, the last time I checked the principles of animation are the same they were 20 years ago. A lot of modern remakes have arguably worse production values despite looking more shiny, all thanks to the poor state of the industry. Your attitude towards art and animation is quite problematic.
XCalliope

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Matros wrote:
XCalliope wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

Fillers are least of its problems, especially nowadays when people can just skip them easily.

Secondly, we are talking about animation and not outdated video game graphics. Good animation is timeless, the last time I checked the principles of animation are the same they were 20 years ago. A lot of modern remakes have arguably worse production values despite looking more shiny, all thanks to the poor state of the industry. Your attitude towards art and animation is quite problematic.
You can say whatever you want, but Naruto will receive a remake in 2-3 years, and there is nothing you can do about it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Unculturedman wrote:
Well, for people who actually like Naruto, part 1 represents not only very strong nostalgia, but the period when the series was lighter, simpler and more upbeat, before the series became more somber, complex and generally more of a downer with part 2.

2 of the major four arcs in part 1 ended with bittersweet & a downer ending.

So I wouldn’t say it was anymore upbeat or “lighter”.

Top Gun wrote:
Going back to young Naruto shouting his head off at everyone isn't my idea of a good time.

Better that than him constantly droning on about being Hokage, wanting Sakura to notice him, and the equally one sided tension when him and Sasuke.
Matros

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:53 pm Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
Matros wrote:
XCalliope wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

You can say whatever you want, but Naruto will receive a remake in 2-3 years, and there is nothing you can do about it.

It goes without saying that there eventually will be a remake one day, doesn't make your rhetoric in this thread less nonsensical though.

And there's no guarantee it will be any good. No one can replicate Wakabayashi and Tsuru's episodes.
RickyTheRat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

For the filler part 1 just lends itself to filler better. A lot of the post timeskip stuff is just one story beat after another with little downtime to go off and do their own side adventurers without a bunch of caviats like it being a dream world or flashback.
lolyouropinion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:02 am Reply with quote
XCalliope wrote:
Pierrot doesn't give a shit about whether some of their old animated titles was good enough of adaptation, they know that ancient anime will never print as much money, as fresh new modern one.

WTF are you talking about. All recent media strategy has become about cashing in on millennial age nostalgia. You're making this comment on a literal announcement about new episodes for a 2002 anime lmfao so either you're being a contrarian (yes) or you have no idea what you're talking about (also yes)
Top Gun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:04 pm Reply with quote
RickyTheRat wrote:
For the filler part 1 just lends itself to filler better. A lot of the post timeskip stuff is just one story beat after another with little downtime to go off and do their own side adventurers without a bunch of caviats like it being a dream world or flashback.

That's a fair point. It's still a toss-up in my mind between Naruto and Bleach as to which handled its filler more egregiously, both in the amount and the ham-handed way it was crammed into the canon content.

BadNewsBlues wrote:
Better that than him constantly droning on about being Hokage, wanting Sakura to notice him, and the equally one sided tension when him and Sasuke.

I mean, he did all of those things pre-timeskip too, only for my money he was even more obnoxious about them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2