• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: This 1/1 Scale Made in Abyss Figure Will Only Set You Back $3600

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:25 am Reply with quote
Slightly bigger than the palmtop Nanachi, but it still seems like it'll sell!
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
1/1 Scale

$3600

What's the catch?

Furyu/F:NEX are not exactly known for bargain prices on scale figures. Normal scale figures.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:13 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
theEugAbides wrote:
I'm sure nanachi will have that brand new out if the box smell i honestly really don't think it could be an outside garden gnome, it would probably be more safer to keep inside the house so no hot sun discoloration or even worse melt! I would really love to have that statue but i would have to take out a loan from my 401k to even afford it lok

I recently took out a $5500 loan from my Fidelity 401k to get this Chizuru car wrap. So you can do it if you wish, lol

https://twitter.com/Solidgearmara/status/1550769338113744896?t=Qxj3sQwciw8zdruMtAPr7w&s=19

Where do you find the designs for these anime covers? Is there a store front selling them, or do you have to create it yourself?
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:55 am Reply with quote
This reminds me of those ridiculous 1:1 Rem figures from Re:Zero that RS was hocking for $39,999 each a few years ago. I wonder who was dumb enough to buy one and how they even managed to sell all 3 of them? As P.T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute".
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:09 am Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
This reminds me of those ridiculous 1:1 Rem figures from Re:Zero that RS was hocking for $39,999 each a few years ago. I wonder who was dumb enough to buy one and how they even managed to sell all 3 of them? As P.T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute".

There are a lot of collectors with that much disposable income. Hell, they even sell some PC's in that price range. Rich people are even giving them away as gifts to other rich people.

That comment about 'suckers' was about getting fooled or ripped off. But if you are paying for a quality or rare item, you know what you are getting into. This is no different than buying that expenseive sports or muscle car.

Honestly, I would be surprised if these type of things stay in stock or weren't snapped up right away.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Slightly bigger than the palmtop Nanachi, but it still seems like it'll sell!

Laughing

Was that from a bonus manga that came with a home release or something? Or is there a 4-koma for Abyss?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2