• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 3 Portable, 4 Golden, 5 Royal Games Also Listed for Steam, PS5

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jindujun93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:32 pm Reply with quote
NG_Chloe wrote:
I'm curious what the prices will be? Considering their age at this point, I'm hoping for 20 dollars a piece. Though this is Sega we're dealing with, so it could be 40 dollars or some crap

For what it's worth, P4G already has a price on Steam (20$), and I feel like Atlus would shoot themselves into the foot if they were to suddenly price it higher on other platforms. P3P and P5R are anyone's guess, though.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Just wait until Nintendo Direct. Bet my life that the Switch version will be announced then.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:08 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Just wait until Nintendo Direct. Bet my life that the Switch version will be announced then.

I hope so, but Atlus' past actions have been so weird that I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen. Sometimes it feels like Atlus enjoys teasing Switch users with the idea of ports of the main Persona games, they released P5 Strikers, P4 Arena, Catherine on Switch, and they also conducted polls asking players if they'd like to see Persona ported to the Switch.
It is also strange that there are no rumors of a Shin Megami Tensei V port to other consoles.
JoseFire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I for one am extremely excited at this announcement. I am also in the P3P>FES camp. Portable is the most feature-complete version, having tons of new character moments/dialogue with the P3Fem Protag AND it has exclusive New Game+ stuff. The Answer, the FES exclusive epilogue mode, is plot important but it’s so unfun that I have a hard time recommending to anyone.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:05 pm Reply with quote
JoseFire wrote:
I for one am extremely excited at this announcement. I am also in the P3P>FES camp. Portable is the most feature-complete version, having tons of new character moments/dialogue with the P3Fem Protag AND it has exclusive New Game+ stuff. The Answer, the FES exclusive epilogue mode, is plot important but it’s so unfun that I have a hard time recommending to anyone.

I would of prefered the PSP version to if they didn't make travel point and click and all the animated cutscenes still shots..when i 1st played FES and saw the opening with Yukari and the evoker I was drawn into the game immediately at the beginning , so going back and playing the PSP version and seeing it just clipped together was a severe disappointment Sad

and in the end i never cared much for the answer, spoiler[biggest thing i remember about it was how much more of a bitch they seemed to of made yukari]
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
JoseFire wrote:

I would of prefered the PSP version to if they didn't make travel point and click and all the animated cutscenes still shots..when i 1st played FES and saw the opening with Yukari and the evoker I was drawn into the game immediately at the beginning , so going back and playing the PSP version and seeing it just clipped together was a severe disappointment Sad

and in the end i never cared much for the answer, spoiler[biggest thing i remember about it was how much more of a bitch they seemed to of made yukari]

Nice pfp.. Currently playing through The Grisaia Trilogy on Switch. Finished Makina and Michiru's routes in Fruit and just started work on Sachi's route. You also play through Island? It's also from Front Wing. Absolute masterpiece as well.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:37 pm Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
Nice pfp.. Currently playing through The Grisaia Trilogy on Switch. Finished Makina and Michiru's routes in Fruit and just started work on Sachi's route. You also play through Island? It's also from Front Wing. Absolute masterpiece as well.

Makina is my favorite anime/game character! Her character design mixed with her personality was the perfect fit. Can rewatch pretty much any scene she's in and laugh my ass off.
Though as far as endings go Amane and Sachi both were far more emotional.

haven't played island but the next frontwing title im waiting to get is Hatsumira which im hoping gets placed on the Jast website.
Dark Mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:02 pm Reply with quote
NG_Chloe wrote:
I'm curious what the prices will be? Considering their age at this point, I'm hoping for 20 dollars a piece. Though this is Sega we're dealing with, so it could be 40 dollars or some crap

Persona 5 Royal still goes for $60 on PS4. Would it be cheaper than that?
JustMonika

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:07 am Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:
JustMonika wrote:

Makina is my favorite anime/game character! Her character design mixed with her personality was the perfect fit. Can rewatch pretty much any scene she's in and laugh my ass off.
Though as far as endings go Amane and Sachi both were far more emotional.

haven't played island but the next frontwing title im waiting to get is Hatsumira which im hoping gets placed on the Jast website.

Yeah, so far I've talked to two people about character routes and both said Amane is the most important and plot relevant so I'm saving her for last. I can't imagine anything topping Michiru though because her backstory absolutely destroyed me. It's like the poor girl can't catch a break no matter what. Well I'm on Sachi's route now and have no idea what to expect so we'll have to see. You on Facebook?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:59 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:

Pick a god and pray.

Siegfriedl88 wrote:

I would of prefered the PSP version to if they didn't make travel point and click

I played Golden before I downloaded Portable and this was truthfully not that bad a change. As it made it a lot more easier and convenient to cover the map and also find the Social Links. Don’t know how to feel about the lost of the animated cutscenes as those tend to be janky with regards to how they’re drawn.

Dark Mac wrote:

Persona 5 Royal still goes for $60 on PS4. Would it be cheaper than that?

Considering the digital version of the game is on sale right now for much less than that and I bought the Deluxe Digital months earlier for 23.99 (I think). Best Buy and Amazon currently have the physical copies on sale also under 60 dollars.

Very possible.

Silver Kirin wrote:

It is also strange that there are no rumors of a Shin Megami Tensei V port to other consoles.

Ummmmm

https://www.pcgamesn.com/shin-megami-tensei-v/pc-release
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2