• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Release Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime on Blu-ray Disc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 am Reply with quote
Not great for those of us who like standalone soundtracks by Yuki Kajiura.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This is potentially a game changer. Having LE's and SE's along side would be great for all fans. I also want to see Funimation offer discs for never released Anipldex USA titles.

Kougeru wrote:
Really wish they'd do standard at the same time for an actually sane price.

Now, don't get greedy.

Funimation did announce on its blog that it is partnering with AoA for the standard edition release.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/05/05/funimation-teaming-with-aniplex-for-demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-standard-blu-ray-release/

The standard editions will release a few months after their respective LE counterparts. They didn't say anything about the price, so we'll have to see. On the one hand, Aniplex is still involved and the later release of the standard versions suggests they won't want it to cut into sales of the LE. On the other hand, I'm not sure there is much point in partnering with Funimation if the end result is a standard version that is still expensive. I'm expecting it will wind up being relatively cheap compared to an AoA title, but relatively expensive compared to a Funimation release.
jeckersly

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:59 pm Reply with quote
gamegodtre wrote:
jeckersly wrote:
4K?

Please tell me there will be 4K.

Some of those fights would look absolutely insane in 4K HDR.

You dont have a tv that applies hdr to non hdr content with a powerful upscaler?

It's an LG C9. Of course the TV upscales.

Upscaling is trash though no matter what.
jeckersly

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:01 pm Reply with quote
GeorgeC wrote:
Has anybody else seen the 8K TV sets they've been trying to push for the last few years?!? There's hardly much 4K material for 4K TV sets let alone anything for 8K!
If you still buy physical media, there's definitely a difference between streaming and even 1080p Blu ray...

That's quite the overstatement.

They aren't "trying to push" 8K TVs on normal people or even low-level rich people.

It's just for uber rich enthusiasts and tech showcases.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The standard editions will release a few months after their respective LE counterparts. They didn't say anything about the price, so we'll have to see
They announced the standard editions will be $64.98 which is about the same price as Funimation’s releases.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 1:03 am Reply with quote
Thanks to all those that pointed it out as I missed that Funi was going to be distributing the standard edition. Hopefully we'll see Funi's normal pricing/discounts without any restrictions from AoA as part of their deal.

Hmm, presuming no meddling by AoA with how Funi handles the release, I wonder if it would follow the usual trend of the season being split in to two parts and then later followed by a complete season...

omiya wrote:

Right? Though it looks like she's only credited on a few tracks, while Go Shiina is on the vast majority.
omiya

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:56 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

omiya wrote:

Right? Though it looks like she's only credited on a few tracks, while Go Shiina is on the vast majority.

I'd still like a release on CD of the FictionJunction featuring LiSA ED song.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:42 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:

I'd still like a release on CD of the FictionJunction featuring LiSA ED song.

I'd expect the AoA releases to include the same content as the Japanese releases which just had normal OST tracks (so no full length OP or ED). I couldn't find a CD release of the ending when I looked, so it's likely that would be missing regardless. It looks to be available digitally though: https://www.amazon.com/Edge-FictionJunction-feat-LiSA/dp/B07WNPZ81G/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2N14NA83FUS8L&dchild=1&keywords=from+the+edge&qid=1588884144&sprefix=jashin%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2