• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konosuba - God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Anime Gets Film Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
Well, seasons 1 and 2 covered volumes 1-4. Volume 5 is kinda self-contained, so it can see it working as a movie.
Punished_Nitsugalego

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
The tears... won't stop flowing...
we love lain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
Flü wrote:
Hoping for a volume 5 adaptation which might actually work better in a movie format that seasonal format.

Please don't mess this up, J.C.. That promo-image does not inspire confidence so far. :<

Why?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
Well this is good for now but a 3rd season would be nice
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
HameruIsCool wrote:
While J.C. Staff is a fine studio, I just can't see Konosuba without anyone but DEEN. Their use of intentionally off-model animation has become its signature look. I just can't see a Konosuba anime succeeding without it.
According to, this video, it was the art director who made the show the way it was, so as long as he is still working on it.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 pm Reply with quote
TBT I was very disappointed when no 3rd season was announced this year, but this news renews my faith in the anime industry, let's hope we see a third season next year also Very Happy
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Slashman wrote:
If it does happen to be anime original content, I would have to question why the bother? There is no lack of material here.

The A Certain Magical Index movie was anime original content despite there being 15 unadapted light novels at the time of its release. It's just how it works.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Nice to hear something after almost a year of silence. It’ll be interesting to see what exactly this movie will be about, so I’m hopeful that even more anime (season 3 please?) can come quickly after this gets released. I liked DEEN’s work on this franchise, so I’ll be looking forward to seeing how J.C.Staff will handle it going forward. I don’t think too much change will occur with a different studio taking over since pretty much the major staff from the first two seasons are returning, so I’m not worried on that front.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
The A Certain Magical Index movie was anime original content despite there being 15 unadapted light novels at the time of its release. It's just how it works.

The next novels to be adapted wouldn't have fit a movie for Index, though. Not that I've read Konosuba's novels, but hey everyone's commenting volume 5 could be a movie.
itsjustdan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:44 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
HameruIsCool wrote:
While J.C. Staff is a fine studio, I just can't see Konosuba without anyone but DEEN. Their use of intentionally off-model animation has become its signature look. I just can't see a Konosuba anime succeeding without it.
According to, this video, it was the art director who made the show the way it was, so as long as he is still working on it.

I'm still worried about JC Staff because they have so much on their plate already. One could assume that this film may take 1-2 years for production. JC Staff, a studio of around 160 (not including contractors), has large projects (One Punch Man Season 2 and Index Season 3) alongside coinciding works in the pipeline (4 series in just Summer 2018 alone).
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 am Reply with quote
While I would have preferred a 3rd season, new content is still a good thing. Hopefully this does well enough to have that 3rd season follow up the movie =D

Now, if someone could just bring the first two seasons over here...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:32 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Well this is good for now but a 3rd season would be nice

A 3rd season with 12-13 TV epi. would be nice, as would an Eng. dub for the 1st two seasons.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2