• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Reveals English Dub Cast for Terraformars Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what a cast. It's always a nice breath of fresh air when anime companies in the LA area just sent their select shows to other recording studios, as it can get REALLY repetitive on having every anime dub at Bang Zoom!, even though I don't have anything against them.

All in all, I am happy that this is Viz's first new anime dub at Studiopolis in 3 years since the Sailor Moon re-dub back in 2014. At the same time it is awesome to get to see the likes of Neil Kaplan and Peter Lurie in new anime roles outside of Naruto.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:46 pm Reply with quote
@Punch Drunk Marc and BodaciousSpacePirate: it may have not been necessary but I choose to mention it. Why? Well, I do enjoy fan service series/moments.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
@Punch Drunk Marc and BodaciousSpacePirate: it may have not been necessary but I choose to mention it. Why? Well, I do enjoy fan service series/moments.

That's all well and good but as you suggested it has nothing to do with the actual topic. Posting on the actual topic of an article is something you've been warned about before. Quite a few times.
K_Yatogami

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:02 am Reply with quote
Why did they reuse Todd,Bryce and Ben? Could they not have given one of those roles to Johnny Yong Bosch? Honestly, he hasn't been in a lot lately and it's kind of irritating me. Yes, I know they're trying to use newer people, but it's been a while since he's been in a bangzoom dub, besides some reprisals roles. I know Terrar formars was recorded by Studiopolis. But you get my point.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:34 am Reply with quote
Can't say I'm happy seeing a long list of actors that really is just people doing multiple voice roles. It actually makes me not want to buy the Dub. It's one thing hearing the same people in different series, but hearing the same people in the same project just takes the thunder out of the lightning.
Inopethflames

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:55 am Reply with quote
What a ludicrous amount of characters for a 13 episode show, and from what I remember the main character from season one, Akari, is barely in this season. This series has one of the coolest ideas with a lot of potential, but the anime isn't very good or maybe the manga isn't great either I don't know, I started reading it around where season 2 ended, but there's so many characters you don't know what hardly anyone's names are, or what they are trying to do, or what side they are on.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
getchman wrote:
64BitRatchet wrote:
Season 2 sucked and removed the main reason to watch the show.

the hilarious censors?

No, the over the top violence if you watch the uncensored version.
You say that it like it is bad thing.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:55 am Reply with quote
Hell yes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2