• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir Season 2 Slated for May 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonshade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:54 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Moonshade wrote:
If it's so childish and boring why did you click on it? Question

Honestly? Because I'm still PO they didn't make the original. I was looking forward to it, it looked really cool. It seemed like it was going to be a tad darker then usual mahout shoujo, but at the same since it was made by TOEI it wouldn't have been grim-dark.

Ah I see. Well, I had also hoped for a more 'serious' story if you can say that. I'm in love with the concept and the characters but it seems to be made for a younger audience. But I also read the wikipedia page, and it said, that the show was originally meant for an older audience but because the idea didn't catch on/was popular, they made it into a children's show.
Hakajin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
It's one of the most generic and bland shows created in a while. A far cry from what the original TOEI preview promised. I could not care less about this, it's childish and boring.

How far did you get? Because I was not impressed with the early episodes. I kept watching, though, and eventually became invested in the main characters and their relationship. They have good chemistry... And I like their friends, too. Even Chloe-- I like the way her meanness and pettiness is so over-the-top that it becomes a joke (and I'm pretty sure that was intentional). And I was really interested in the back-story (once they FINALLY got to it). So, yeah, I'm definitely a fan now. And it looks like the second season is going to get straight to the point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2