• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Game, No Life Fantasy Light Novels Gets Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cetais

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
Please, less incest and pedophilia.
I was quite uneasy watching the first season because of it.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Judging by the art he released, are they making a movie out of vol 6? It definetly could be a movie but that was one depressing ending.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Anime adapted volumes 1 to 3 from the VN, but last scene is from Vol 6. Judging by the illustration, I would guess this is an adaptation for the full Volume 6, which makes sense to make it as a movie since it's somehow detached from the main story.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:57 am Reply with quote
Well, this is cool. Not going to make up for the lack of a season two, especially not with that ending, but I'll take more NGNL. It was a fun series.

Cetais wrote:

This might not be the show for you. Just saying.

Cam0 wrote:
What's with this movie thing? Accel World, Sword Art Online, Mahouka, (Index)... If the movie is a continuation of the story then great, but if it's going to be a side story or something then that'll kill my excitement. Well it's better than nothing, I guess.

It seems pretty clear that movies are super profitable right now, probably much more so than TV series. Rather than airing something on TV and getting almost no ad revenue at all, they put it in theaters and make several million dollars. Then they put it out on disc and all the collectors buy up a copy. Love Live and GuP just blew records out the window with this strategy. I imagine they are trying to capture some of that success.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I did not expect this. Bet it's some original story because that's what fans want. As long as I can see Steph then I'm good. Smile

Cetais wrote:

Lol Nice sarcasm. Telling Japan to stop being themselves as if that is ever going to stop. Common sense would be to stop watching their shows.
aifhak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
People still hoping for a season 2.......from Madhouse LOL. You better be grateful you getting this cause the odds are very slim. I fear for the one punch man fan-base Anime hyper

You are saying nonsence.

1. It's not the studios decigion
2. Only Brains Base are famous for denying sequels even when they asked for (sans Natsume). MadHouse made sequels a lot of times.

Thespacemaster wrote:
Considering the the first season ended with original content..it would make sense to make an original movie so that way they can deal with the first season ending and then get back on track with the main story line in the second season the same content that is in the actual novel.

either way i am happy that this is getting more anime content..since it was made by madhouse the chances for it getting more despite being successful was still very nill.

They just used vol. 6 ending for some reason as I heard.

yeah it wasn't really anime original as far as I know but just a massive jump to vol6 with leaving out A LOT inbetween (if you were to continue from there)
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
IceKirby wrote:
Anime adapted volumes 1 to 3 from the VN, but last scene is from Vol 6. Judging by the illustration, I would guess this is an adaptation for the full Volume 6, which makes sense to make it as a movie since it's somehow detached from the main story.

Yes. This movie will be the adaptation of Volume 6 of the Lightnovel.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Wow. I did not expect this. Bet it's some original story because that's what fans want. As long as I can see Steph then I'm good. Smile

Who the heck wants an original story? Fans want season 2, not some random story that will barely fit in with the canon or won't fit in at all.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Yuu Kamiya himself confirmed via Twitter that the movie will adapt vol. 6 of LNs: https://twitter.com/yuukamiya68/status/754698156554596353
Dayblack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
What's with this movie thing? Accel World, Sword Art Online, Mahouka, (Index)... If the movie is a continuation of the story then great, but if it's going to be a side story or something then that'll kill my excitement. Well it's better than nothing, I guess.

Well i guess movie brings them more money this franchises are all popular so many people will go and watch it a theaters and later on people buy then the bd-dvd. So i guess its the best way to keep the hype and milk out some more money and probably also to see how much popular it is stll now, because if its still a moneymaker then they can make more of it. I just hope they wont make an original story for NGNL as we are gettin with the rest since there is enough material to use for a movie.

It is difficult to make a second season when the end of the anime was totally invented. It was a bad adaptation by madhouse.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:
It is difficult to make a second season when the end of the anime was totally invented. It was a bad adaptation by madhouse.

They only anticipated one small scene that can easily be explained or even retconned if necessary. Volume 6 is set in the past, so being adapted before 4 and 5 would be literally no problem at all.
TUSF

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:

Nah, the last scene from the anime was actually a scene from the end of Volume 6 (sorta).
They kinda just skipped three volumes to show that.

A second season can either retcon that scene entirely, or treat that scene as a "flash forward", and cover Vol 4-5 before jumping into the scene at the end of Season 1.
Xavon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
Considering the the first season ended with original content..it would make sense to make an original movie so that way they can deal with the first season ending and then get back on track with the main story line in the second season the same content that is in the actual novel.

What original content was that? Either I missed the end of the season somehow, or you are thinking of something else. Because the NGNL anime covered the first three LN volume fairly closely. As far as I know, it ended with the same coin flip that was the ending of volume 3.
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Since this thread seems to have lots of conflicting information, I'll bite: What is this "anime original" (or end of volume 6) scene that wasn't in volumes 1-3? The post-credit scene?

Also, if volume 6 does take place before volume 4-5 timeline-wise in the light novels, I see no reason why the end of season can't be seen as a flash forward to tease the film (which the creator says will adapt volume 6). A speculative season 2 could then cover volumes 4-5 and maybe 7 depending on when everything is released.

This series was pretty popular the year it aired so I'm glad it's continuing in some format.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Since this thread seems to have lots of conflicting information, I'll bite: What is this "anime original" (or end of volume 6) scene that wasn't in volumes 1-3? The post-credit scene?

Also, if volume 6 does take place before volume 4-5 timeline-wise in the light novels, I see no reason why the end of season can't be seen as a flash forward to tease the film (which the creator says will adapt volume 6). A speculative season 2 could then cover volumes 4-5 and maybe 7 depending on when everything is released.

This series was pretty popular the year it aired so I'm glad it's continuing in some format.

They are indeed talking about the post credit scene at the end of episode 12. It was NOT an anime original scene but instead the epilogue for vol 6. So it can easily be treated as a flash forward scene if they ever make a second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3