• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 24-Hours After Love Live! The School Idol Movie's Trailer Debuts, Fans Track Down NYC Loca

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nozomi Tojo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Really worry that there gonna mess this movie up by adding the one thing the series didn't have (Which is why i love this anime so much)

And who the hell is maki about to kiss Mad Mad
Kamikaze Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote

This was taken last Summer in the Manhattan Greenway Running Path (Nico: Kagamine Kotarou, Kotori: Teatimed Cos, Photographer: Donutography). It's like we knew that the movie was going to have a scene there Cool

But seriously, us Love Livers in the NYC area are excited that we can do anime pilgrimages in our own backyard!

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Love Live in New York...
The folks in New York are going to have a thrilling experience seeing the μ's exploring their city streets. Smile

New York folks already get to see that often, considering how much we've cosplayed the μ's girls around the city.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Nozomi Tojo wrote:
Really worry that there gonna mess this movie up by adding the one thing the series didn't have (Which is why i love this anime so much)

What is this "one thing"?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Nozomi Tojo wrote:

Plot? Character development? Emotional connection with the viewer? Things the neither season had.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Nozomi Tojo wrote:

Plot? Character development? Emotional connection with the viewer? Things the neither season had.
That's three things. Wink
Japanese school girl idol worship that far outside of Japan? Who'd a thought? Laughing
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

We get it. You don't like Love Live! Big whoop. But the fact it is easily the biggest selling anime franchise of recent times suggests it has had an emotional connection with the legions of viewers who support the series & help it dominate anime. & episodes such as Rin's overcoming her feelings of not being able to be feminine are clear examples of character development.
Nozomi Tojo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Nozomi Tojo wrote:

Lets see what did you not see to much off in both seasons? just think Very Happy anyway its the reason why i love this anime so much alone with the characters and music.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Nozomi Tojo wrote:
Lets see what did you not see to much off in both seasons? just think Very Happy anyway its the reason why i love this anime so much alone with the characters and music.

If you mean fanservice the only thing I can think of is Nozomi's inappropriate washi-washi-ing in season 1 which I was very glad they dropped in season 2. Smile The pureness of the show is one of the reasons I think it is so popular with a wide range of people so I don't think they will add fanservice to the movie.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
We get it. You don't like Love Live! Big whoop. But the fact it is easily the biggest selling anime franchise of recent times suggests it has had an emotional connection with the legions of viewers who support the series & help it dominate anime. & episodes such as Rin's overcoming her feelings of not being able to be feminine are clear examples of character development.

Conflating sales figures and product quality isn't the best thing to do. I admit that for those who were fans of μ's prior to the anime's airing got what they wanted - more μ's. Good for them. I wasn't one of those, thus the show was bland, at best (Yazawa Niko's catchphrase, 'niko-niko-nii' got worn-out by Episode #8 of Season 1, Nishikino Maki sounded like she was perpetually congested, and her tsundere act was so generic it wasn't even annoying, but depressing... to watch. And more, and more).

I did liked the visuals, somewhat, so that's kinda a plus.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
CallumKeyblade wrote:

Conflating sales figures and product quality isn't the best thing to do.

I never said it was a top quality anime because it sold a lot. I said it shows a lot of people felt an emotional connection to the series and became fans of the franchise. Your views are very different to any I have ever heard regarding the LL! franchise. There is pretty much unanimous agreement that LL! season 2 is superior to season 1 and that season 2 is the pinnacle of all idol anime. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but attacking it for things such as lack of emotional connection for viewers seems very misguided for a franchise that is clearly beloved by so many.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:39 am Reply with quote
So,they're going to do a "Love Live!" in New York City,huh? This'll be interesting to watch. I hope they dub this into English. This'll be something to watch.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
1. The show literally has a plot (The girls trying to save the school in Season 1, winning the Love Live in Season 2) and character development (As you might have noticed if you actually paid any attention, the girls were not a tightly knit group of 9 friends willing and eager to jump up on stage and dance their hearts out from ep 1). You can argue about the quality, but that point is not up for debate.

2. Emotional connection with the viewer is literally the most subjective thing ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2