• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Patema Inverted, Welcome to the Space Show Listed on N. American Home Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
Yeah BOTH Patema Inverted and Welcome to The Space Show have Both DVD and BD on Rightstuf.
Sneakybeagle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
So when will we get the theatre locations and dates? Really want to see there before home video
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
I don't even own a Blu-ray player yet (I know, shame on me) but no Blu-ray release for Patema is weird. I thought we were at a point where pretty much all anime got a Blu-ray release? It's a niche market mainly composed of technology buffs anyway, you'd think distributors would want to cater to their most profitable market. It does look like a beautiful Ghibli-esque quality film in regard to the visuals.

I have much respect for GKIDS. I can't wait for them to release Princess Kaguya in the fall! They've been nabbing a lot of great original anime films lately. Keep it up I say. And I can't forget about them acquiring the Ghibli documentary either. That should be interesting to watch. I think they should just save those Ghibli films that Disney isn't making an effort to release. They already seem to get all of their films that are too hard to market for Disney, like Poppy Hill. The only reason Disney probably even released The Wind Rises was because it was a Hayao Miyazaki film, so they could just bank on his good name. They definitely didn't do the theatrical run much justice, although luckily I was able to catch it at my local art house theater.
InuKen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:

Is the date finalized? I've never purchased from Rightstuf or Rakuten so I wasn't aware of it. Thanks for sharing though. I remember them confirming a date once but it got delayed.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-02/a-letter-to-momo-u.s-dvd/blu-ray-listed-on-june-10
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2