• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood-C's Promo Streamed, Premiere Date Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:44 am Reply with quote
The character list gives me a very generic "high school" vibe. That and the CLAMP character designs are lowering my expectations for this show.

I'm not all that interested in High school monster hunters. Seen that too many times. And what? No Chevaliers? (Chevaliers were highly amusing in Blood+, Especially crazy Karl!)

I guess I can hold out hope for a decent script, but not feeling excited about this so much anymore.
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quote
If the violence doesn't receive any censoring, I'll definitely scope out the show.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote
Well, considering Sony licensed the Blood+, and Manga, I believe, did Blood:TLV, all bets are off as to who would go for Blood-C, but FUNi is a pretty good guess. Maybe it could be Bandai's comeback title? (I don't think they've done much since Haruhi Season 2, and that didn't sell too well...)

On that note, can any of y'all get the trailer to play? I click on "streaming," get taken to the website, and then I can't find anything that looks like a streaming video...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 am Reply with quote
Ah, it starts with a frilly short short skirt...
It's gonna "suck" again for Saya....

They better make it dark and gory, not pretty and gory. Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Thu May 19, 2011 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote
You guys almost make it sound like Saya looked unique and good in Blood+. No, really. Actually, if I ever composed a list of bland looking protagonists Saya would definitely get a spot. And let's not even get technical because her facial expressions were always similar to each other, and not even to mention repetitive and whiny.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:03 am Reply with quote
maybe I'm blind.. but where's the video? I looked all over there, news, story, special, etc
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:33 am Reply with quote
I haven't really watched any Blood so I'm not sure how dark it gets but I feel like people worrying about it not being dark because of CLAMP or how it looks is kind of odd. I mean, I'm not saying Tsubasa was all that dark but when you start the series you don't imagine spoiler[someone getting his eye gauged out and having it eaten.] Not to say that's very dark but I feel like looks can be deceiving, that's all.
TeenChibi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am Reply with quote
Lookin' good! I hope this Saya is not the same as Blood: The Last Vampire's Saya. She was completely devoid of personality and kind of a bitch. Never watched Blood+, but I am excited for this because of the production staff. I'm pretty sure this is going to be better than the original considering it's a T.V. series and not a one shot OVA with literally no cohesive plot or engaging storyline. Go Blood C!
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
at least the saya from blood+ had some identifiable similarities to the saya in the last vampire (in the flashbacks in vietnam she looks very similar to the original), but this one looks nothing like either of them.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote
TeenChibi wrote:
Lookin' good! I hope this Saya is not the same as Blood: The Last Vampire's Saya. She was completely devoid of personality and kind of a bitch. Never watched Blood+, but I am excited for this because of the production staff. I'm pretty sure this is going to be better than the original considering it's a T.V. series and not a one shot OVA with literally no cohesive plot or engaging storyline. Go Blood C!

Then you should definitely watch the Blood+ series, then. The Saya in the series had more personality and character development. But she wasn't as badass as she was in the movie, though. Lot of people complained about that, but it didn't bother me much.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
So let's hope for CLAMP's Saya to have a good personality and be a badass.
keyinjpop

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I want to be interested in the anime but find that I prefer action in manga. Strange. Anyways, anyone know if Kotone-san does good manga (since I curious about the Blood C one)?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:

Then you should definitely watch the Blood+ series, then. The Saya in the series had more personality and character development. But she wasn't as badass as she was in the movie, though. Lot of people complained about that, but it didn't bother me much.

Hey, we complain about everything. We'd complain too if the Akira Hollywood-remake is not as badass! Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:29 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
They better make it dark and gory, not pretty and gory. Laughing
It's CLAMP, you know it will be bloody pretty. Wink It's Blood meets Rayearth to me. Wink Saya with glasses? Well she is getting on I guess. Laughing
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, when they first revealed Saya's re-design for Blood+ it looked like Blood would lose it's violence since she looked pretty simplified compared to original Saya but it still got pretty dark and bloody visually when needed so I'm not too worried yet that this will lose any edge and it's not like Clamp hasn't done bloody before so that's a good sign.

The only thing I feel a bit "meh" about are the glasses, since they'll feel out of place, even with the excuse naturally they'll no doubt give us within the show, given she is what she is, but we'll see how much they stick out I guess.

j Talbain wrote:
I really wish they could have stuck with a design and kept with it. But CLAMP's design is ok. As long as the action is there I'm down with it. I just wish they would keep with the tone of the original OVA, very dark, and serious.

Once the show started and we saw her fight a bit I liked Saya's design in Blood+ and her second half darker look and this new Blood-C design and black/red colors for the uniform looks like it can fit into a bloody action scene looking at the bit of action in the trailer so as long as it has the right Blood franchise mood/action it's got good potential, but I too would also have loved to someday see a Blood series with that great original art design.

Ooh, I see Keiji Fujiwara's playing another father figure, hopefully Saya's dad is as awesome/likeable/badass as Hughes and Fujimoto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2