• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
Episodes 2 to 6

Wow, I was expecting that this would just be some crazy show with little ploy beyond crazy stuff happening, but the following episodes totally proved that wrong. The eqpisodes quickly added information that easilly explained the Hikikimori behavior, crazy characters, and the almost anything can go that happpened in the first episode.

That Sasami is the spoiler[escapee of a shrine that houses a human with the reallity warping powers of a god, her brother was raised to basically be her slave and eventual breeding tool. She left with the warping powers within her as she did not like the way she was treated, and having her brother with her and do thins is a kindness]. The three sisters are actually the spoiler[remnants of the god that originally had the power the eldest (youngest looking one) is the actual god while middle was the result of an eveil organisation, and the youngest.... I think she was mentioned as a possible successor].

There is so much plot that can appear insane but has reasoning to it that it is kind of hard to follow. Like Sasami getting a sudden extra spoiler[hand was hidden personality which betrayed the brother, tried to live seperatly from Sasami, attack Tsurugi, and later apparently becomes the pet rabbit "Meat"]. Kagami was acting distant to Sasami spoiler[despite Sasami's request for friendship, but it was that she was trying to fight forces that could harm her and potential friends, and that she thought of herself as not a very good possible friend].

Gotta say I enjoy some of the funny little comedy bits, more than I usually do in these random SHAFT titles, like old game graphics and such. I would probably say that is a rather creative mix of SHAFT's randomness, thought provoking story and artisticly surreal events that make it rather underatted from only viewing the first episode.

Can't say there is any character that screams majorly likeing. But Sasami does have a charm about her, well she starts off rather pathetic and not very good, but perhaps it is her imperfections that make her likeable. Although Sasami's seiyuu, Kana Asumi, gets points from me, I usually enjoy her very bubbly characters that her playing this one seems rather fun, in particular she reminds me of that hyperactive alien role. Kagami gets points for the friendship episode, I ended up likeing her quite a bit. And Tsurugi has probably been my favourite so far, especially in episode 4 where she did the spoiler[DVD to show the events, getting angry as a chibi, sending Sasami on mean errands, corrupting her, and getting into a fight with the clerk over age when trying to buy adult material.]

Look forward to episode 7 to finish the story of spoiler[Sasami being made by her undead mother to continue her training with Tsurugi thrown into the underworld and Kagami struck by a god slaying sword.] Almost forgot to mention that I am actually enjoying the joke ED done each episode, with different characters trying to sing the song, or trying convince others to sing, I did not like it at first as it seems gimiky, but I think it surprisingly works. Sasami and Kagami duet ftw.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Interesting the mother called Kamiomi spoiler[her older brother, so that would make Sasami his niece and not his younger sister o.o]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Or both.
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
Yeah, extreme incest produces some interesting family trees.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Good point I forgot about the incest parts.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
Episodes 7 and 8

I think by the time I watched episode 7 I had finally accepted Tama as not being some sort of eye candy that acts like a child, instead seeing her as a child that happens to have the body of an adult. And I found the emotional talk with Tama putting on a brave face to be good. Thus I liked the theme later on where she takes on Sasami's mother, showing her traits of being a new god, who cares of she can't understand things, she is a kid.

But Sasami's mother was a real piece of work. spoiler[Hating the world, but compeled to protect it to the point she would throw away her own humanity and her own daughter. She could not accept a new future. It was hard to watch what she was doing to Sasami, but awesome to watch her being put in place by Tama and dragged by Tsurugi.]

As for episode 8. I liked how Kagami was so spoiler[determined to fight for Sasami], but the threat of spoiler[liquid dissolving her clothes and turning her into a social sensation was cruel to get the "are we not friends" thing]. I was ready for more insanity, and I actually like the characters now instead of episode 1's deal, so I enjoyed the spoiler[free fall] bit. Even the brother is starting to look a bit better, what with a mystery surounding him a little, if only he did not sound so spineless.

A bit interested to see where the current story is going, it seems that the spoiler[gollem is also some sort of fox, she is going to prey on Sasami-san's weakness of her mother]. I read a comment elsewhere that apparently that spoiler[foreign god, was a call to Baron Samedi, who is like a voodoo spirit of the dead, wich explains the zombies.]
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
actually I am wondering instead, spoiler[since he is not actually sasami's brother, he may be her real father]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
once again, I have no idea what is going on, but I don't want to drop the show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

I would probably end up hurting myself if I tried understanding the spoiler[time paradoxs, especially since it is linked with gods and spirits returning from the dead] and such: Blast of the Sasami.

The good bits was that we found out Sasami's spoiler[mother was not all bad, seeing her cute moments was great, and that she came to respect Sasami's decisions of a little faith]. And we have a new character, some evil organisation's leader, and student council president (same thing maybe), Jou. And the supposed fox is now a has a cuter more human shape.

Talking about cuter shapes, we also saw a full Amaterasu, which is basically an adult bodied Tsurugi, which was a real treat. My favourite part of the episode is something pretty small, but likely the ED this time around, spoiler[Jou talked herself up and then was totally tone death].

Although needs more Kagami.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:09 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
actually I am wondering instead, spoiler[since he is not actually sasami's brother, he may be her real father]

Now I have no idea. At first I thought he was Sasami's mom older brother but in this episode spoiler[ it seemed like he was younger than the mom in the past. She looked and sounded the same, but he sounded like a prepubescent boy so that would mean he is younger than her, but she still called him older brother a couple episodes ago]
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Ok, So Sasami's spoiler[father is the younger brother to Juju, Sasami's mother]. so does that make him her uncle as well?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Finally watched the episode, and who would have thought that the series would have spoiler[futanari], and it was not just that but the appearance of yuri was up to 9 in this episode. It is going to be way to easy for doujin artists to come up with material, should I admit that the story felt familiar.

Apart from that, there was some zetsuboushita, and I found Tsurugi to be very funny with her harasment of the character. And Tama, something touched her, although I am a little worried about that since she is child.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 pm Reply with quote
oh man, this show.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh my I just watched ep 10. Edogawa has a spoiler[penis] was lol worthy and random.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
yeah, Edogawa seems to spoiler[switch between male and female] randomly. Apparently spoiler[Kamiomi is Tsurugi's older brother]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3