• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation's One Piece Simulcast Begins Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
At least Funimation's streaming player is better than it was a few months ago. I couldn't stand how slow shows streamed before, but now its a lot faster. One Piece will be more enjoyable now...assuming some jerk (and Funimation) don't mess it up.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching 415.

Really awesome to be able to watch it only an hour after it airs in Japan.

No complaints on my end. Loaded quickly, had no player issues, and the translation had no grammatical errors that I could see.

Thanks a bunch FUNi =)
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I had some issues with it stopping and having to refresh the page, but it issues with servers should be expecting as I guess the page was being slammed from all over the place. Still, good job for Funi
matrixdude124

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching it without a hitch.

FUNI's done it again! Very Happy
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:57 am Reply with quote
They did a really good job.Thanks Funimation.
desterion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:47 am Reply with quote
video constantly starts and stops among other problems like audio not syncing up right. If this is how they're going to present it back to us, i'm going to stick with the fansubs that don't have the obnoxious watermark and don't stop every 3-10 seconds.
pepperonipizzapie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:09 am Reply with quote
Since they're streaming the beginning One Piece episodes too, how often are those going to get released? This is probably a good chance for me to finally start the show, 415 episodes seems really daunting but I could take it if it's little by little.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 am Reply with quote
desterion wrote:
video constantly starts and stops among other problems like audio not syncing up right. If this is how they're going to present it back to us, i'm going to stick with the fansubs that don't have the obnoxious watermark and don't stop every 3-10 seconds.

This. I had the stopping starting problem too. I'll give them another two times. If its fixed by then three strikes and I'm out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
That sounds like a typical streaming problem and not something necessarily unique to Funimation.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
desterion wrote:

"Obnoxious watermark"? That's a stupid thing to complain about.

We are not paying for this. We should be lucky we're getting this at all. Plus the watermark is not obnoxious.

But they really do need to fix the technical problems. I had almost no problems streaming 415 last night, but I have had problems with streaming the past episodes. 414 I believe gave me the most trouble.
Essedus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:

"Obnoxious watermark"? That's a stupid thing to complain about.

We are not paying for this. We should be lucky we're getting this at all. Plus the watermark is not obnoxious.

No offense, but it is a very valid thing to complain about, as long as the other free alternative does not have it. Other then that, and the random stopping on the player, it was fine, but I'll go for the better video quality. If they ever get HD streaming, I'll be there.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote
HD-Streaming is simply too much money to push that amount of data through the pipes.

It would cost money, most like a subscription service paid per month.

Personally, I'd rather support the R1 anime industry and if that means ignoring a watermark in the bottom right corner and video quality where you can't see Luffy's nosehair but is obviously adequate, then I will.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Decent job from FUNi and Toei.
Only niggles I can complain about is FUNi's style of sub timing (displays too long for my liking with unneeded scene bleed) and the distracting watermark.
Have to say it's underwhelming watching in such quality after following the HD fansubs, but I'm happy to support a legal, speedy version to help the industry and help these streams evolve and improve as popularity increases.
Essedus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
HD-Streaming is simply too much money to push that amount of data through the pipes.

It would cost money, most like a subscription service paid per month.

Well, I'd pay for that, as long as there's no watermark, and the picture is at least REAL 720p.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:29 pm Reply with quote
You may pay for that, but Fuimation would never even venture into that territory if people don't even watch their free streams.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4