• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Okayama Marks Young Animal Arashi Issue as 'Harmful'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:06 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Although it is listed as an adults only title in the encyclopedia.

I've removed it, as the US edition (with silly Indic script-like font; who has the idea of linking it with Kama Sutra?) only has "parental advisory," not "adults only," on the cover. As far as I can see the Japanese edition has no warning message whatsoever at all.

However, this really differs from country to country. While US and Japan has "mature" ratings (17+ and 15+, respectively), in Taiwan there is no such immediate rating; a book is either "available to all ages" or "adults only," and the local edition of Futari Ecchi inevitably falls into the latter category.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
As far as I can see the Japanese edition has no warning message whatsoever at all.

And what's funny about it is that all of those titles in Young Animal will not have the "seinen comic" marker on it. Only the hardcore not so mainstream titles get the "seinen comic" marker that tells readers that it is hentai. This I find interesting in another sense because from all the titles that I've handled at my job I have not seen that mark on any of the yaoi titles.
grapeofdeath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
There are some series in Young Animal that really make an adult magazine. Futari Ecchi for one, and then there's also Spider Sniper, not to mention Berserk.

Young Animal does have a lot of adult titles, but this is specifically talking about Young Animal's sister magazine, Young Animal Arashi which mainly includes all ecchi series. Berserk doesn't show up in there and I don't think Spider Sniper does either. Futari Ecchi shows up in both with most of the specials in Arashi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
grapeofdeath wrote:
Young Animal does have a lot of adult titles, but this is specifically talking about Young Animal's sister magazine, Young Animal Arashi which mainly includes all ecchi series. Berserk doesn't show up in there and I don't think Spider Sniper does either. Futari Ecchi shows up in both with most of the specials in Arashi.

You were saying? Either or, Arashi is one, but Young Animal itself still tends to have some provocative series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2