• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon Black 2/White 2's Details Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
300 MORE POKEMON?! That's gonna make nearly 1000 to catch em all!

I wonder when did Nintendo stop using that line. In Ruby and Sapphire it was already ridiculous.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
300 MORE POKEMON?! That's gonna make nearly 1000 to catch em all!

I wonder when did Nintendo stop using that line. In Ruby and Sapphire it was already ridiculous.

It's a dub-only line, so it's not going to appear in the Japanese press release or reveal.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
R/S/E remakes when?
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
What I want to know is what are the key differences between the two versions of the game? I especially want to know what Pokemon are and aren't catch-able comparatively.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
Forte-sama wrote:
A few things that need to be corrected in this report.

Quote:
"The special moves of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, the two new Dragon/Ice legendary Pokémon, are Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, respectively."

First, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are NOT new Pokemon. They ARE new and alternate "formes" of the existing Pokemon Kyurem.

As noted in the recently released promotional video, the original Japanese does not distinguish between new forms and entirely new species — it's all just "new Legendary Pokémon" (新たな伝説のポケモン).
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
Forte-sama wrote:
A few things that need to be corrected in this report.

Quote:
"The special moves of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, the two new Dragon/Ice legendary Pokémon, are Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, respectively."

First, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are NOT new Pokemon. They ARE new and alternate "formes" of the existing Pokemon Kyurem.

As noted in the recently released promotional video, the original Japanese does not distinguish between new forms and entirely new species — it's all just "new Legendary Pokémon" (新たな伝説のポケモン).

The case still standing on how necessary it is to be corrrected.

Just as well, the use of "generation" in the first paragraph isn't the best word to use in this particular situation involving new Pokemon games (This is not a new generation of Pokemon games, this is the latest installment in the current generation, Generation V, of Pokemon games.), "forms" should be corrected to "Formes" in "scoop" one (as these are new variations of Kyurem), and, "Players can now register about three-hundred Pokemon in Unova." should be be changed to, "A player can now register around three-hundred Pokemon to their Unova Pokedex."

This is me helping the writer not sound like they don't know what it is they're talking about... (hence the initial poor translations when the article went up...). Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2