• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
Nel is very cute...and that was a good line! She barely knows him and is aready spoiler[jealous of his "other women."]

I also was entertained by the reactions of the three boys about the fact that Byakuya spoiler["suggested" that Rukia and Renji go after the others. Makes me wonder if they're afraid he might punish them later!] Laughing
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I got the impression that they were simply shocked by his help. I guess spoiler[Byakuya is repaying his debt to Ichigo for saving Rukia's life.] That's my take on it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 am Reply with quote
Well this weeks episodes were certainly interesting, wbho knew that there were hollows like that and what the hell hapend with Byakuya, just not normal. Well now Ichigo looks to have quite the harem; Rukia, Orihime, Ririn and now Nel, though by that amount he seems to attract a certain demographic. Looking forward to what might hapen.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
daedelus wrote:
I guess we can give a warm welcome to The Hanatoro of Hueco Mundo: Nel Tu!...and company. Very funny stuff! Oh and :

spoiler["Just what are your intentions towards Itsugo?"] ---Best Line Ever Very Happy (and no, that wasn't a typo)

I love how Rukia barely reacted to the question
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote
I found Nel's spoiler["I'm a masochist"] routine to be the most sputter-worthy moment in either episode, as well as Ichigo's follow-up "why are you teaching her words like that?!?"

As much as this series annoys me sometimes, light-hearted stuff like that helps keep me coming back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
troizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:26 pm Reply with quote
two good episodes overall. but my favorite part has to have been when Nel calls out Orihime for being useless. that and goblin Grimmjow.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote
troizen wrote:
two good episodes overall. but my favorite part has to have been when Nel calls out Orihime for being useless. that and goblin Grimmjow.

I have not decided whether Grimmjaw looks awesome or utterly stupid. He seems to be a tiger-boy furry or something, so... probably both. And green hair does NOT work for him.

I have a feeling that this is the end of the line for him. Informal rule of shonen anime- if a villain shows his ultimate technique, and doesn't immediately wipe the floor with the hero, he's going down. Too bad. He had a damn good run, fighting the main hero to a draw in two of the series' best fight scenes. It annoys me that he's kicking it before many of the less-interesting villains, but that's what happens when you need to prune the cast.

BTW... forgot to bring it up last week, but where exactly was he keeping a fully grown woman? O_o
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote
I was somewhere between thinking that was awesome, and laughing when I saw Grimmjow's release form. He became slightly cute and ears seemed really funny. Cool fight though, some of the effects were nice.
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
And green hair does NOT work for him.

Haha! Oh, I am so colorblind. His hair looks blue to me.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:04 pm Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:
BellosTheMighty wrote:
And green hair does NOT work for him.

Haha! Oh, I am so colorblind. His hair looks blue to me.

I dunno, maybe... the animators couldn't seem to make up their minds, it went back and forth from bluish-green to greenish-blue from shot to shot. QUALITY animation, don'cha know? ~_^
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was meant to be more of a blue, as blue is opposit to orange on the colour wheel, showing him as more of an opposit to Ichigo. In a way his release was also showing an oppsit as while Ichigo was the controled human, Grimjow is the wild beast.
booiebee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
I love bleach. it's one of my favorite shows. i really like ulquiorra. i wish i was calm like him sometimes. lol. Very Happy
Key

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
I am making an emo character for an upcoming RPG and plan to use Ulquiorra for my character pic. He's perfect for it. Wink

And nice to see that Ichigo has finally mastered keeping his mask on, although I find the lack of an explanation for how he managed that to be a bit suspect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I was somewhere between thinking that was awesome, and laughing when I saw Grimmjow's release form. He became slightly cute and ears seemed really funny. Cool fight though, some of the effects were nice.

Grimmjow looked like a Cat/Elf to me. Not one of the best release forms I've seen.

But, awesome fight! Especially when Orihime spoiler[finally regained her courage and was able to encourage Ichigo. Thanks Nel!] Next Saturday should be really awesome. I hope!

BTW - when are we going to see, not Nel, but Neliel Tu Oderschvank?
Brazzlefrazz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
And nice to see that Ichigo has finally mastered keeping his mask on, although I find the lack of an explanation for how he managed that to be a bit suspect.

I thought that was a bit strange as well, so I'm just going to assume that the sight of Orihime, and being so close to accomplishing his goal in Hueco Mundo made him stronger than ever! Either that, or he's a Saiyan, and being healed from the brink of death increased his power level exponentially!

I thought that the fight was awesome as well. I didn't much care for Grimmjow's release at first (really wasn't what I expected), but once the fighting started I thought it was a pretty natural way for Grimmjow to fight, like a wild animal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 97 of 107