• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach - [adult swim] broadcast.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
I just finished watching Ep. 132 - Toushiro, Karin and the Soccer Ball (if I got that correct).

Really good episode. I hope that Toushiro and Karin meet again. Even if she does make comments about how young looking he is.

Everyone does. It's kinda his thing.

On the subject, I found this a pretty good little filler arc. Spotty animation, but some good fight scenes. Plus I'm always up for more Rangiku.

Oh, and new ED this week. Features screencaps from future episodes, as usual. That one of a bare-chested Renji with mod souls riding on his shoulders? Classic.
Sword Magess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:13 pm Reply with quote
taster of pork wrote:
Are they finally getting the part of the series where Orihime does something important?

No, just the opposite. They're getting to the part where Orihime becomes a plot device. The manga has yet to extricate itself from that mire.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote
Two months ago, Ohoni wrote:
Don't worry, there isn't some huge "highschool hijinks" arc coming up

Mmmm-hmmm...
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote
I laughed throughout the entire Kendo episode, had flashbacks of Sousuke and Ffumofu. And Ikkaku's reaction at the end was just wild.

What was interesting was Hanataro's Zanpakto in the next episode, it was spoiler[a scalpel], rather fitting for a medic. And it proves that size doesn't always matter!
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:52 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
What was interesting was Hanataro's Zanpakto in the next episode, it was spoiler[a scalpel], rather fitting for a medic. And it proves that size doesn't always matter!

...and so, so in character for him. A healer to the core of his being and unassuming to the end. Nice to see him around again, by the way. I've always liked him.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:36 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

It's my least favorite episode of that filler arc, but that is one of my favorite moments of the arc.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Man, I finally get satellite back after months and the two fillers episodes that aired on Saturday were a pretty lackluster welcome for me.

spoiler[The first one wasn't really stupid or anything until we learn (as if we had any doubts) that the Hollow was actually that little kid's dog. Not only that, but there were 2 dogs in one.... Unless, it's revealed later, I've yet to see a dog Hollow in the canon storyline. I guess even dogs have regrets....

The second one involving the "20 levels of my sword" dude was what really got on my nerves. I know that Bleach is shonen, but that was just too childish. ]

At least the BGM got better since I lasted tuned in. Too bad the visuals went in the opposite direction. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:

spoiler[The first one wasn't really stupid or anything until we learn (as if we had any doubts) that the Hollow was actually that little kid's dog. Not only that, but there were 2 dogs in one.... Unless, it's revealed later, I've yet to see a dog Hollow in the canon storyline. I guess even dogs have regrets....]

We meet spoiler[a few animal Hollow later in the series as part of the canon story. One's a huge worm among other little bugs and lizards. another is a berserk chimera (only just dealt with in the Japanese airings). Though it's unknown if either are the results of an animal(s) regrets or if they're actually native to Hueco Mundo.]

Emerje
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:

spoiler[The second one involving the "20 levels of my sword" dude was what really got on my nerves. I know that Bleach is shonen, but that was just too childish. ]

I liked it okay. Renji hasn't had a really good fight since he faced off with Byakuya, maybe this will give him an opportunity to show off his stuff.

The villain-of-the-week does raise an interesting point, though: just why ARE the Arrancars following Aizen? What exactly do they stand to gain from the assassination of the Rei-Oh? Is this some kind of "new world order" deal? Do they have a grudge against him? Are they just doing it because they're evil? Shittake be ambiguous, man.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Really enjoyed last Saturday's episodes. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Aizen is up to in regards to spoiler[Orihime]. Somehow I think that it involves spoiler[Grimmjow]. Maybe.

Hey, does anyone have, or know where I can find, a screenshot of Urahara at the end of the second episode, when he tells Renji and Chad spoiler[to stay put and rest because HE was going to go out and kick Arrancar ass.] The shot of him spoiler[with his undisguised zanpakto] was seriously badass and I would like a copy...if possible.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Once again, I really enjoyed these two episodes. Granted, there wasn't much action, but they quickly filled in the holes of the aftermath of the battles.

But what really got me was poor Tatsukispoiler[ looking and looking for Orihime. Knowing that something was wrong because she couldn't sense her and knowing that Ichigo HAD to know SOMETHING.]

And, of course, Ichigo spoiler[blames himself for Orihime being taken and declared a "traitor." Which really explains why he took what Tatsuki dished out, then asked the other 2 boys to look after her.]

I liked how the Old Man anticipated that Hitsugaya's Group would spoiler[aske to go after and rescue Orihime. Having Byakuya and Kenpachi arrive to take the rest home certainly put paid to any arguements the rest would have. After all, who would want or be crazy enough to take on Byakuya and Kenpanchi. ]

And perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it seemed like spoiler[Kenpachi was the one most sympathetic and understanding about the situation. He understood the desire to rescue a friend but also understood that saving the One might not be the best for the Many and Orders were Orders.]
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Orihime's "ideal life" sounds like the plot of a bad harem comedy...
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I'd say the main reason that Ichigo acted the way he did towards Tatsuki was to keep her from getting involved, and thus getting hurt, in what was going on. It was *because* he cared about Tatsuki that he essentially lied to her.

I have to say that in this episode, we see that Ichigo has really matured as a person. When Old Man Yamamoto said that they couldn't go after Orihime, he initially reacted strongly, but then (with some help) realized that this was something he couldn't do anything about, and he let Renji try. Even when that failed, he didn't lose his composure. Instead, he thought ahead and restrained himself. I was impressed.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quote
Despite how thoroughly Orihime's departure to Hueco Mundo is telegraphed by the opener (and for that reason I don't feel a need to use spoiler quotes), I still found those to be a pair of satisfyingly sad and effective episodes. spoiler[We all knew that Orihime had a thing for Ichigo, but that was still one hell of a confession, and one hell of a melancholy way to handle it.] Ichigo got so wrapped up in his own efforts to get stronger over the course of the series that he never really paid Orihime the attention she deserves, so spoiler[his encounter with Tatsuki, and the way he just stood and took it, was fitting. Still, I have to feel for Tatsuki for being left out of the loop, even if it is for her own good. (But as we have seen, being left out of the loop tends to backfire in this series.)]

Honestly, the episode focusing on Orihime was one of the best of the series to date - and I'm not just saying that because she's always been my favorite character.

Last edited by Key on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quote
"Goodbye halcyon days" (I had to look up the word halcyon). Just makes her departure that much more sad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 95 of 107