• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakuman. (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16

spoiler[Things are getting very intense between Crow and PCP.
I like how they showed us PCP manga chapter.
That's always interesting to watch.
Everyone was doing their best to come closer to Crow.
In the end no one was good enough to beat Niizuma.
Niizuma is a manga machine! He's just amazing.
Always manages to surprise me.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh God, Eiji just has the funniest ideas from that head of his. I wonder how well his upcoming manga will do considering his statement from the previous episode 16. The latest episode 17 was calm but enjoyable to watch as well.

I liked Muto Ashirogi's idea of the spoiler[Dark Hero] as well. For a second, I thought it was be an idea similar to Zetman. Anyways, looking forward to their rankings soon when the results comes out and how both manga works will do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
The new Manga idea is obviously a direct shout-out to Death Note, the Manga that made the creators of Bakuman famous. Kind of sad to see the creators think so lowly of Light, but there you go.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
For one, I'm surprised they're completely cutting out spoiler[Nanamine's return, it wasn't great but it had a very sweet moment with one of Kawaguchi Tarou's past rivals]

On the other hand I've never been particularly interested in spoiler[Reversi], even though Death Note is one of my all time favorite manga, and the guys' new series is a very obvious reference to it. I guess it's because, in the Bakuman universe, I'm always more interested in Eiji's mangas than in Ashirogi Muto's
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
For one, I'm surprised they're completely cutting out spoiler[Nanamine's return, it wasn't great but it had a very sweet moment with one of Kawaguchi Tarou's past rivals]

On the other hand I've never been particularly interested in spoiler[Reversi], even though Death Note is one of my all time favorite manga, and the guys' new series is a very obvious reference to it. I guess it's because, in the Bakuman universe, I'm always more interested in Eiji's mangas than in Ashirogi Muto's

you are a funny guy. You have can't even read those manga in this anime anyway. Are Yyou not interested in those fake manga or do you mean are you not interest in the anime having those fake manga?

If you are talking about manga idea. We all know Hiramaru's manga plots are the best. And he is the probably best character in the anime.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
FTR, I'm a girl.

I can get interested in the fake mangas because the story usually gives a lot of details about the plot and shows many images and visuals of the most prominent mangas. i.e, I've always been attracted to CROW because I love the design of the main character and his huge feather-sword. On the other hand, while I love Hiramaru as a character, his art was very crappy and gag manga has never been my style. The Otter 11 one-shot that was released some time ago was funny, but I don't think I'd like to read a long-running series with that story
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
FTR, I'm a girl.

I can get interested in the fake mangas because the story usually gives a lot of details about the plot and shows many images and visuals of the most prominent mangas. i.e, I've always been attracted to CROW because I love the design of the main character and his huge feather-sword. On the other hand, while I love Hiramaru as a character, his art was very crappy and gag manga has never been my style. The Otter 11 one-shot that was released some time ago was funny, but I don't think I'd like to read a long-running series with that story

really? I don't think they give many details about the plot on those fake manga. I watched like 60 of bakuman, i have no idea what's CROW is about. I saw the characters' design that's about it.
Average gag manga last longer than average battle manga. Just saying, battle manga get cancel very quick. Last's year's Barrage is a great example.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:43 am Reply with quote
True, the details of the plot for CROW where never unveiled, but I still find it interesting because the main character's design is amazing. I don't really need details, it's pretty obvious it's a standard action-battle shonen manga with fantastical powers and cool battles all over the place. It is the kind of manga I like. Other manga's stories have been detailed, like Fukuda's GIRI, Iwase's +NATURAL and all of Aoki's and Hiramaru's mangas. spoiler[Zombie Gun gets a detailed explanation and key points of the plot are revealed -like the dramatic change in antagonist-] Of course, all of Ashirogi Muto's manga get a lot of insight. It's easy to know which ones can or can't be interesting depending on what you like. i.e. It's easy for me to say I'd be more interested in +Natural, Giri or spoiler[Zombie Gun] rather than The Time of Green Leaves, spoiler[Panty Flash-Fight] or I can't reach you.

The fact that gag manga run longer than battle manga doesn't change the fact that I don't particularly like gag manga. I had a hard time reading Reborn because thespoiler[ first 60 or so chapters were episodic gag nonsense; I would've dropped it if I hadn't known it switched genres at some point.] If you like gag manga then that's fine, but I've always been more inclined to typical shonen-battle with a lot of screaming, passion, monologues about ideals and friendship, and tons of never-give-up-ness
drdr48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:08 am Reply with quote
So Eiji's idea for the best manga of all time is... spoiler[A fighting zombies manga]?!?!

WTF?!?! Shocked
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Bakuman has been really fast with the pacing in this third season. Too fast, and a big change from the previous two seasons which went by quite slowly. They even skipped material. So my question is, is the storyline going to be wrapped up in the remaining eight or so episodes? I don't see how that would be doable but I'm starting to suspect that the director is going to try. Maybe since the Manga is finished there's no reason to have the show on anymore, so a fourth season will not be funded and the director will have to wrap everything up in this one.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Haven't read the manga but I checked into the spoilers and have to say that I'm perfectly fine having seen the last of Nanamine. What I read about it also seems to suggest, because of his as yet unredeemed status, that at some point a third Nanamine act may have been planned and scrapped in favor of just ending the series and not giving any more time to him.

In a way I'm surprised that the manga revisited him.
His storyline and the short bit with the copycat robber felt completely tacked on and unnecessary... and then they follow those up with a story about Nizuma wanting to end Crow as he'd like to and everyone discusses whether or not it's better to drag out a series unnecessarily because it's popular or whether it should just tell the story it needs to tell and finish. When you consider the three as a whole it actually seems like mocking self-commentary and made the whole thing worth it.
If they brought Nanamine back now it would ruin that effect that the anime (if not the manga) got across, because his plotlines really don't do anything significant to improve Ashirogi Muto or gets them any closer to writing a manga that gets an anime adaptation- the actual end goal of the series.

It does seem like it'd be nice to include that other guy though. Maybe they can fit him in in some other way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Bakuman has been really fast with the pacing in this third season. Too fast, and a big change from the previous two seasons which went by quite slowly. They even skipped material. So my question is, is the storyline going to be wrapped up in the remaining eight or so episodes? I don't see how that would be doable but I'm starting to suspect that the director is going to try. Maybe since the Manga is finished there's no reason to have the show on anymore, so a fourth season will not be funded and the director will have to wrap everything up in this one.

It's perfectly doable, especially with the speed they're going at. There's seriously very little material left to cover, moreso now that they completely skipped volume 17, leaving just 3 volumes to cover. Once spoiler[Zombie Gun and Reversi start serialization] it will really go by in a flash
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

The fact that gag manga run longer than battle manga doesn't change the fact that I don't particularly like gag manga. I had a hard time reading Reborn because thespoiler[ first 60 or so chapters were episodic gag nonsense; I would've dropped it if I hadn't known it switched genres at some point.] If you like gag manga then that's fine, but I've always been more inclined to typical shonen-battle with a lot of screaming, passion, monologues about ideals and friendship, and tons of never-give-up-ness

What i like is not important.
I don't even read gag manga. I read naruto, One Piece. I just noticed that battle manga(unless they are popular) got cancel very quick, gag manga normally last longer. I just saying Otter 11 is probably the best manga out of them all.
It can work in real life. I don't think CROW would last for more than a year. lol

You said are interest in CROW because of the character design that's good, but it has nothing to do good or bad manga.

I was laughing at you for interest in fake manga that you have no idea what's it about.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
I started to write a long reply to that, but came to the conclusion that it's not worth it. I'm not even sure of what point you're trying to make with this argument or what you're arguing about at all.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18

spoiler[Ashirogi's Revesi battle manga vs Niizuma's Zombie Gun.
Those two/three always have to compete.
Yet, they never manged to beat Niizuma...
Maybe it's time for that to change.
Finally, a manga that surpassed Niizuma.
Looks like things will become really interesting!
Awesome episode!!!!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 13