• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Insider Ends Publication After Eight Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
The demise of magazines is one of the disheartening things this year - three magazines I write for have gone belly-up in 2009, including Anime Insider, and the latest appears to be Geek Monthly - though this is unconfirmed at this stage as the publishers are insisting they'll return with some form of the mag in 2010.

The brave new world out there - the Internet and everything it helps us to accomplish - is inadvertently undermining the print media and music (digital download has seriously flat-lined several indie record label mates and musicians I know). It's definitely leveled the playing field - which is fantastic - but the side-effects are just starting to show up.

Anyway, enough of my own rambling. I just miss holding a magazine when I go to the loo - I don't want to take my Mac in there with me!

Wink
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Andrez wrote:
I just miss holding a magazine when I go to the loo - I don't want to take my Mac in there with me!

Wink
I never take my mags to the loo. Paper cuts. Wink
Andrez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Heh-heh... yep, I guess that added danger adds to the cheap thrill of it all... OUCH! Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10