• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljaesch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Earlier this week, I placed orders for Volumes 16-36 of the Ranma 1/2 manga series in order to finish off our Ranma 1/2 manga collection, and packages with those manga volumes are slowly starting to arrive. My husband got three packages from our P.O. box this afternoon:

The first package was from Right Stuf, and it had Volumes 16, 17, and 30 of Ranma 1/2 in it. When we placed the order for those volumes, we also saw that the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi DVD box set was knocked down to $19.99, so we ordered that as well. That DVD box set was also in the package.

The other two packages came from a couple of third-party sellers at Amazon; they had volumes 20 and 28 of Ranma 1/2 in them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Botan24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Well, I've gone and done it now! Don't tell my husband, but I've picked up a subscription to Crunchyroll. Mostly its because I don't want to fall behind on my Kids on a Slope viewing. In my defense though, almost all the shows I'm interesting in watching this season are "only" being shown on their site. Besides, I'm supporting the industry dag nabit!

In related news, my pre-order of Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple season two has arrived already! It wasn't due to ship until the end of May O_o Has anyone experienced TRSI shipping pre-orders that early? (I always receive items from them before the release date, but never this soon)
Mylene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Placed 1 of hopefully 2 orders for the TRSI Viz sale. Order 1 consists of:

20th Century Boys v. 16-20
Honey and Clover v. 5-7
Please Save My Earth v. 4-6, 8, 10-12
We Were There v. 7 - 9
zeta kira

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Just got in the mail:

GTO: The Early Years Vol. 12 - love the monthly doses of GTO that Vertical is doing
Twin Spica Vol. 6-7
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I told ya'll it'd be the fastest preorder in the history of preorders. I didn't even give TRSI enough time to apply their usual discount. I will, obviously, ask them to knock the price down when a Funimation sale rolls around.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Strange, the price I see on TRSI's site is $38.99. Plus I had to specifically look through the preorders section in order to even find the listing as searching for Panty & Stocking didn't bring it up.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote
I just edited my post. But I did it so fast that they didn't even have time to adjust the price. I literally saw it as soon as they put it up since I keep their New/Changed Items page up all the time and refresh several times a day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Just preordered Ai Yori Aoshi, which Funi license-rescued, at RightStuf. The run time (900 minutes) seems to indicate Enshi is a part of this set, but I can't find anything to confirm that. For $30, it's hard to pass up, especially if Enshi's included. I also preordered the Mahoromatic I'm Home OVA, which at $18 is not a bad price.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I just edited my post. But I did it so fast that they didn't even have time to adjust the price. I literally saw it as soon as they put it up since I keep their New/Changed Items page up all the time and refresh several times a day.

Did customer care take care of your pricing? Let me know. You are certainly quick, there was all of a 4-5 minute window where this was the case. Smile
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Manic Monday Pre-order

Ai Yori Aoshi AL
Strike Witches BD
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:01 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

Did customer care take care of your pricing? Let me know. You are certainly quick, there was all of a 4-5 minute window where this was the case. Smile

I'll just wait until you guys have a Funimation sale so it only needs to be reduced once. I think you guys have one coming up after the current Viz sale (most likely with a short manga sale or two in between), so it'll get done before it's actually released.
anime racket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Bought the complete set of Princess Tutu on Amazon.com because
I really liked the last volume I bought.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote
Both volumes of the Magical Project S series from Amazon at long last. I had to wait a week longer than expected to get the Mihoshi Special/ Pretty Sammy OAV series I ordered from a couple weeks ago.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote
So, my inheritance from my grandmother came today:

A Bride's Story 1
Bakuman 10
Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus 3
D Gray Man Season 1 Parts 1 and 2
Dawn of the Arcana 3
The Earl and the Fairy 1

I almost bought 2 of the Book Girl novels that the shop had, but they were volumes 3 and 4 and I don't have 1-2 yet. They'll still be there when I want them, I'm sure. I also almost bought A Bride's Story 3, but the copy the bookstore had, had a printing error where the red back cover lining was stuck to the back page and they both had a fold in them. It was so bad that the dust jacket couldn't slip over the cover. Has anyone else encountered that or anything similar at all?
Mylene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Placed my other Viz order today from TRSI:

20th Century Boys v. 19-20
Bakuman. v. 3-5
Battle Royale: The Novel
Boys over Flowers v. 22-23
Cross Game v. 1-3
Flowers & Bees v. 1-2
Fushigi Yuugi BIG v. 2
Honey & Clover 8-10
Kingyo Used Books v. 1-3
Rurouni Kenshi BIG v. 2
Saturn Apartments v. 1-3
Sexy Voice and Robo

Now I'm somewhat eying a few CDs and manga over at CDJapan. Hmm...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 873 of 1402