• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls und Panzer (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Laughing Agreed! I love tankwando!
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Of all three translations of "senshado" I know of, "Panzerfahren" is easily the worst. "Tankery", on the other hand, is more along the lines of "archery" and so suggests an actual discipline. "Tankwando" is hands-down the funniest.

Yeah, that sounds about right. archer:archery::tanker:tankery Works for me...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
So it's a competition dealing with large fuel-containing vessels?

Anyway, the Girls und Panzer girls now have their own march which is the B-side of the ED single.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Discussing what words to use is a little problem, I know that Panzer is right there in the title, and I know I that I hear the word Panzer every so often. But what was the word the Japanese used instead of Panzerfahren?

I wil assu senshado, this probably would have been meant as a localisation for the Japanese audience as I am pretty sure it is meant to have German influences. So English subtitles are a battle between going with the German words, or words more understandable for English audience. Personally I am of the opinion that a little is good, but not overuse.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I like what Hiryuu uses: tankwondo. TAN decided to go with sensha-do. i wonder if Saori can speed text. this two week wait for the continuation of the battle is gonna kill me.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:28 pm Reply with quote
So I watched Kelly's Heroes from the offhand reference Yukari made to Sergeant Oddball spoiler[while gathering intelligence on Saunder's pre-match briefing.] I think that's why they were so quick to spoiler[call her out as a spy, they're all Clint Eastwood fans.] Now she just needs to start acting like a drunken tank-commanding hippie and preach about them positive ways, baby. I can't wait to see the conclusion to this fight, and if these tanks can't match up the Shermans, the girls will only get clobbered when they face the Russian and German teams, what with their T-34s and Tigers.

Since this week is just a recap, might be a good time to catch up on some more war movies, I've already seen Patton and A Bridge Too Far a long time ago, which feature some nice tank action.
Zork

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
So I watched Kelly's Heroes from the offhand reference Yukari made to Sergeant Oddball spoiler[while gathering intelligence on Saunder's pre-match briefing.] I think that's why they were so quick to spoiler[call her out as a spy, they're all Clint Eastwood fans.] Now she just needs to start acting like a drunken tank-commanding hippie and preach about them positive ways, baby. I can't wait to see the conclusion to this fight, and if these tanks can't match up the Shermans, the girls will only get clobbered when they face the Russian and German teams, what with their T-34s and Tigers.

Since this week is just a recap, might be a good time to catch up on some more war movies, I've already seen Patton and A Bridge Too Far a long time ago, which feature some nice tank action.

As soon as Yukari called herself Sergeant Oddball I thought of Kelly's Hero's. I wonder if there are any other references to tank movies in GuP?

And I am positive I saw the opening scene in GuP where the four Shermans are travelling down the beach with their turrets aimed in different directions somewhere else before, but I just can't place it.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Zork wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

As soon as Yukari called herself Sergeant Oddball I thought of Kelly's Hero's. I wonder if there are any other references to tank movies in GuP?

And I am positive I saw the opening scene in GuP where the four Shermans are travelling down the beach with their turrets aimed in different directions somewhere else before, but I just can't place it.

considering how many D-day movies there are its not unlikely to be one of them.

by the way: Woof woof woof!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Is there something erotic about having a bunch of cute girls sit in a cocoon and get off by explosively ejaculating shells through a big phallus? Just asking.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
maybe for some people, but i'm watching this show mainly for the tanks. i think tanks are pretty damn cool, and seeing them accurately portrayed in an anime is awesome.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Is there something erotic about having a bunch of cute girls sit in a cocoon and get off by explosively ejaculating shells through a big phallus? Just asking

Would that sentence be any different for you by changing 'bunch of cute girls' with 'young able-bodied men'? Just asking.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 5.

Well, it looks like this is what you get when the staff is behind in their production schedule.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Episode 5.

Well, it looks like this is what you get when the staff is behind in their production schedule.

Do you mean 5.5, and you didn't read the article stating that it was caused by one individual screwing everyone over? Otherwise, I can't recall any significant errors in real episode 5.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 5.5

I like how they described the Churchill as having spoiler[cute doors on the side], very important information about tanks. It was a recap episode, I tend to skip them but found this one interesting enough as we got a bit of information about the rest of the characters. I did not realise that the six girl team was a group of all first years, could make an easier way to describe them. Team C have individual interests in diffirent war periods, so one refered to as Caesar like Roman, Erwin is knowledgeable on Europeans during World War 2, and the other two like Waring states and end of Edo period.

Some background information on the tanks is helpful, actually reminds me that Upotte probably did the right thing with how they explained the characteristicks of guns the way they did.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Would that sentence be any different for you by changing 'bunch of cute girls' with 'young able-bodied men'? Just asking.

Possible. Do they do this?

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 30